Changes as I go - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > Blogs > hargadale

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Changes as I go

Submit "Changes as I go" to Facebook Submit "Changes as I go" to del.icio.us Submit "Changes as I go" to Digg Submit "Changes as I go" to Reddit Submit "Changes as I go" to StumbleUpon Submit "Changes as I go" to Google Submit "Changes as I go" to Yahoo! Submit "Changes as I go" to Newsvine
Posted 04-20-2010 at 09:49 PM by hargadale

I Made a template of masonite of the transmission bolt patern to transfer onto the .50 inch aluminum plate as the first step of connecting the transmission to the electric motor. My plan was to connect the two Clark forklift motors together end wise. There just enough room to do it in the car. SO.... I went looking for a more suitable motor. I found and bought a Caterpiller electric fork lift truck, the end result was that for $600 I got three 48 volt dc mortors, and a controller. Plus a couple of hydraulic pumps. I also got the sppeed control pot hooked to a pedal. The whole thing was engineered my the engineers at Caterpiller to work together, so I don't have to do that.
Views 1799 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Support DIY Electric Car
Sponsors