DIY Electric Car Forums banner

2006 Mustang 4.0 Conversion? Anyone?

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  1-ev.com 
#1 ·
Ok folks I have found this:

http://www.pluginmotors.com/

However the ROI doesn't add up for my needs. I own a 2006 GT and 2006 4.0 V6. I'm considering converting the 4.0 car. It's like new but has 92k on it. I drive it 100-120 miles per day. Like the plug in motors car above, I want my trunk space and I'll need A/C. It's an Automatic and I want to keep it that way.

Who here can convert this and how much? I've own and built several Mustangs. Mostly 79-1993 years and one 100% rust bucket to brand new condition 65 model. Several V8 conversions mixed in and I do tune the EEC as well.

An EV conversion might be a little steep on the learning curve for me right now. 3 young kids, I've scaled back some projects until they get older so I'm looking for a turn key conversion.

Let me know, thanks, Patrick.

#2 ·
Patrick, my company does full scale conversions and your wishes are doable however I have a few questions for you.

1) you range of 120 miles is that a out and back commute or is that all over the place as a sales rep?
2) Is the 120 miles all highway all at once?

Reason I ask is the batteries needed for a 1/2 trip at local speeds is different than a 120 mile trip at high way speeds.

Please call my office 973-670-9208 and I will gladly walk you though want is required to do a conversion.

www.TransAtlanticElectricConversions.com
shop.TransAtlanticElectricConversions.com

Sincerely;

Douglas A. Stansfield
973-670-9208:)

#3 ·
Patrick,
A few questions:
Can you send or post some pictures of the car that you have?
Do you want AC or DC?
Are you planning on LiFePO4 batteries to get this range, ~200AH a cell?
Please contact me, if you are interesting... :)

Thank you.
-Youri
http://1-ev.com/contact.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.