DIY Electric Car Forums banner

mileage

963 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tomofreno 
#1 · (Edited)
Last couple days I've been driving mainly around town on 35 mph roads. Did one stretch at 55 mph for about 24 miles. Checked miles and Ah used before starting the charger tonight: 71.9 miles, 108.1 Ah, or 1.50 Ah/mile. That indicates a range of about 95 miles at those conditions for my 180Ah, 20.76 kWh pack. Just multiplying by the nominal pack voltage of 115V gives 173 Wh/mile, or 195 MPGe. It likes warm weather.
(http://www.evalbum.com/3060)

#3 ·
I increased the regen very early on, right after I started driving the car, so had no solid record of range or mileage before. I've confirmed a number of times that I get around 10% regen typically (100 times ratio of current into pack versus current out of pack over some time period). For example on the about 5-6 mile run I did for jrogue's video I got 11% regen just driving on the highway for about 3 miles and another 2-3 miles off highway at around 35-40 mph, with 3 stops and an exit off the highway. Of course the longer I drive on the highway without stopping the smaller the percentage regen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.