DIY Electric Car Forums banner

For Sale: (42) Thundersky Batteries 160AH

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  palmer_md 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD: (42) Thundersky Batteries 160AH

I have 42 Thundersky 160AH Lithium Batteries for sale. I bought them to install in my car a year ago, and I then moved to a new home and then my wife and I had a baby, so needless to say the project was put on hold and the batteries were never installed. I still have them in the original crates. Now I'm ready to get back to my project and I having different ideas about my battery selection.

I'm currently running 120v pack of lead acid with a curtis 1231c controller. I was just going to upgrade the pack to lithium and nothing further so this pack would have been perfect. Now I'm thinking about putting in 90AH Calb CA's and enough to feed a Soliton1 (about 90 of them).

90x90 is 8100ah x 3.2 = 25.9kWh versus 42x160 is 6720ah x 3.2 = 21.5kWh. Slightly bigger capacity but MUCH more power.

In order to do this, I'll need to see if there is a market for my unused still in the crate TS160's.

I think I paid $180 each...more with shipping and fees, but I'll let them go for say $175 each. x42 = $7,350

Sold. Thanks for looking.

See less See more
#3 ·
not really. I'd prefer to sell them to somebody who was also upgrading from a 120v pack of lead since it is a nice pack size for that upgrade. If there were two people who each wanted 21 for some reason then I would consider it. I just don't want to end up getting stuck with 10 cells that will do me no good and then are not good for anyone who is upgrading either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.