DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Sinopoly, ThunderSky and Winston

72K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  Pika 
#1 ·
Sinopoly costed HK$2.75 billion to purchase Thunder Sky Battery Limited in 25th May, 2010.

Regarding the Announcements, please visit the vents "Dec 2009, The Company entered into a letter of intent to purchase a lithium battery project for HK$2.75 billion" and "May 2010, The Acquisition in relation to the lithium battery project is completed" of following link,
http://www.sinopolybattery.com/html/about_investor.php

The Board is pleased to announce that with effect from 14 April 2011, the English name of the Company has been changed from “Thunder Sky Battery Limited” to “Sinopoly Battery Limited”.

Winston Battery served as a subcontractor for Sinopoly to manufacture lithium iron battery. So Winston can not sell battery without Sinopoly’s authorization. But Winston still sells LiFePO4 battery. As this action has deeply infringed on our company's related benefit, Sinopoly prosecuted Winston and recommend all the customers to stop purchasing Winston battery.

Our company name changed from Thunder Sky Battery to Sinopoly Battery Limited now (SEHK stock code: 729). One of the reasons of company changes is for business expanding and development. An important fact is that Sinopoly owns all the brand names, patents, and trademarks of Thunder sky.

Thunder sky is still one of our brands name. We own the rights to produce and sell the product with this brand name.

We do file a lawsuit against Winston Battery. The lawsuit takes time to get resolved. Of course, we want it get resolved as soon as possible.

Now, all of our product-battery color is Black.
We are updating our website, manual and specifications now.

If you have interest, welcome to contact me.

Best Regards
David Zhao
Sales Manager
Tel: +86 755 8627 1913 | Fax: +86 755 8627 1909
Email:jzhao@sinopolybattery.com|sinopoly.david@gmail.com

Sinopoly Battery Limited
Hong Kong Head Office: Rooms 901-905, 9th Floor, China Resources Building, 26 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Shenzhen Office: Room 1001, 10th Floor, Coastal Building (East Block), 15 Haide Road 3, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, P.R.C.
Jilin Factory: Youyi Industrial District, Jilin Liaoyuan Economic Development Area
Tianjin Factory: Hangu Jinbin Technology Innovation District, Tianjin
Web: http://www.sinopolybattery.com(SEHK: 729)

See less See more
#3 ·
#4 ·
Hello Mr Sinopoly David, dude. Would it be possible to post here your prices and product availability so thousands of potential buyers can see it? If you're company is in full production and running the business in the clear, there shouldn't be a problem doing so.

Regards,
JR

#7 ·
That was excellent, David, thank you. That kind of detailed information lends your company legitimacy in a USA market plague by rogue business and practices.

I understand your point of not disclosing your pricing publicly. As a business, you want to retain any possible leverage and perhaps improve pricing to edge out a competitor.

As a customer, however, I will share with others here what I know about the two leading EV cell providers:

- CALB, in CA, sells their product for $1.25/Ah plus shipping costs - it's hard or nearly impossible to negotiate this price down. They - and more importantly, their stock - are located here in USA so shipping is very quick. They also accept credit cards as an additional assurance of a sane transaction.

- I've seen Sinopoly in CN quote their product, depending on quantity, as low as $1.05/Ah including shipping to USA. I don't know about delivery lead times but at those prices is certainly worth investigating. Based on David's claims above, they seem to be fully operational despite recent legal worries.

Anyone else to add/improve the above info?

Regards,
JR

#9 ·
I will be more interested when there is one or more USA distributers stocking the cells. I would prefer to avoid the role of importer. I am currently running Thunder Sky LFP60AHA 60 amp hour cells. I am a bit concerned about the lower peak and continuous discharge ratings of the Sinopoly cells compared to the late Thunder Sky LiFeYPO4 cells. What is the DC resistance of the SP-LFP60AHA(B) cells? Are voltage/capacity discharge curves available for discharge rates higher than 60 amps? Those cells would allow larger pack in the same area and are much lighter than my older 60 amp hour cells. However, small packs work hard and excess voltage sag lowers efficiency. Thanks.

#12 ·
I'd like to hear from anyone that has received Sinopoly cells, are these guy's actually shipping cells, if so what is the turn around from ordering to dispatch.
What are you going to do if you buy some and one or more are bad? Bitch about it on the forum like all the people did about the WA seller? Think real hard before paying with a cashiers check (they dont take credit cards for that reason) to have them shipped from out of the country with no agent to deal with.

#17 ·
Hello Sir,

We have warranty of our battery.
We will sign SOC (SALES CONFIRMATION) with both our signature.
The warranty statement is as at term 6,
"All Goods sold are subject to a warranty of [XXX] year from the date of delivery."

We can be a good supplier.
If you have interest, please contact me and I will send you a SOC model for your reference.

Regards
David Zhao
Sinopoloy Battery Limited
Tel: +86 755 8627 1913 | Fax: +86 755 8627 1909
Email: jzhao@sinopolybattery.com |sinopoly.david@gmail.com
Web: http://www.sinopolybattery.com (SEHK: 729)

#14 ·
Hey, i emailed Sinopoly back in jan. they responded with shipping rates to Canada (750USD) but also asked what price i was quoted at here in north america from a supplier over here. I have been busy but finally sent out an email today. hope to hear back soon with a real price. lithiumstorage.com lists Sinopoly on their website, but i'd like to see what price i get bringing them in from china, and see if it makes sense to buy in north america or china

#27 ·
#30 ·
Good price for Europe

Hi David,
I would like to buy 30 batteries of 60 AH from GWL Power. They can give a burst of 600 amps for 5 sec. That's really spectacular.
Like they advertise HERE
62 Euro per 60Ah that's not bad, especially if you consider only 100 euro shipping cost to my door in Belgium.
Can you top that ?

#31 ·
Re: Good price for Europe

Hi David,
I would like to buy 30 batteries of 60 AH from GWL Power. They can give a burst of 600 amps for 5 sec. That's really spectacular.
Like they advertise HERE
62 Euro per 60Ah that's not bad, especially if you consider only 100 euro shipping cost to my door in Belgium.
Can you top that ?
Hello Sir, if you decide to purchase these cells from GWL, you'd better to ask GWL for the shipping cost.

#36 ·
Dear Coleagues,

Our company bought some lithium batteries from Sinopoly. David mentioned about big order to Poland - it is our order. We plan to order much more. I have to say that batteries are installed in different e-mobility projects where our company is engaged as battery supplier.
I have to say that batteries behave very good during charge-discharge tests.
We have tested these batteries and now we offer them together with Winston and CALB.
(I know there is some conflict between them, but until it is not solved by the law we sell all products).

Long time test will show real life cycle length, but after all I've seen I expect very good results.

Here is a topic about our new price strategy for export: Flatrate 1,1 $/Ah for LiFePO4 (direct delivery from manufacturer)

Best regards,
3xE team

#38 ·
Bumping this thread, I am going to be buying batteries in about a month or two if everything goes well. I have been working on my car for a very slow 5 years. its been mostly restoration, and the things that have been holding me back i have finally paid someone to do. So my question is are there any other sinopoly buyers that can chime in on their experience buying direct or from someone else? are you happy with the product? thanks!

#39 ·
I know - you asked about "others", but now I found what kind of car you are rebuilding. I also have a Fiero ('86 SE, silver, automatic)! If I can help you somehow (not only delivering batteries) - just let me know on PW. Fiero-fans supposed to help each other :)

PS. Sinopoly 200Ah is VERY GOOD choice in terms of size/capacity and weight/capacity parameters. You can read full comparison here: http://3xe-electric-cars.com/images...rameter-Sinopoly-Winston-CALB-GBS-Headway.pdf

This post has been deleted
#40 ·
HI:
we now are looking the partner or dealer , if you would like , you are welcome, now we have 2500pcs LTO battery and many NMC and LFP in our stock, hope we can long-term win -win cooperation ,

\two kind lithium battery :

1, LTO 40AH , can use 30 years at least , battery life is about 30,000 times , altairnano also to do LTO battery in usa, can refer: www.altairnano.com

(http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/lto-battery-can-use-30-years-least-jack-zhr?trk=prof-post)

2, LFP life is about 5,000 times: our page: www.liyuanbattery.com.cn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.