DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Netgain Controller

12K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  EVSource Mikey 
#1 ·
Anyone running one? Thoughts? Expirience?

#12 ·
Depends upon what your needs are? If you are not going to be pushing more than like 700 or so amps and want a nice controller consider the Synkromotive Controller too. Netgain is selling them now. Interesting that they would sell another competitors controller. Well it is really that good. Really. Air cooled and one hell of a controller. Features not printed await those who buy one. I will be doing a video demo in the next couple days as time permits.

Pete :)

#13 ·
Depends upon what your needs are? If you are not going to be pushing more than like 700 or so amps and want a nice controller consider the Synkromotive Controller too. Netgain is selling them now. Interesting that they would sell another competitors controller. Well it is really that good. Really. Air cooled and one hell of a controller. Features not printed await those who buy one. I will be doing a video demo in the next couple days as time permits.

Pete :)
I want to push the amps to close to 1k. I am selling my Zilla 1k for a Netgain Classic with liquid cooling and upgraded 1200 amps. It will be interesting to see the Synkromotive in action. Where will the video be? Link?

#16 ·
I have been touting them for 3 years now. I was a beta tester for them and currently use the controller. I don't have the model they have in that truck but the only difference in that one to mine is that one in the truck video has an upgraded cooling fan. That is the only difference. I have never been able to get mine to get hot or crap out. To date no Synkro has died. They are strong and light weight at only 7 pounds. Can't sneeze at that. But wait, there is more..... I will show in my video. I hope to have a video done this evening.

#19 ·
Well they only have one version. The manual has not been updated to reflect the updates. My controller will do the same but since I still have the original fan mine is limited a bit from the current controllers. If I send mine for a fan upgrade I will get the full benefits. I will be running 185 volts as it is now. 72 volts just plain sucks. No top end at that low voltage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.