DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Wanted!

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Tedktis 
#1 · (Edited)
WANTED: Liquid cooling system for Zilla 1k, 600V 2/0 wire, charger box (to fit Zivan NG3), Controller box (that will fit Zilla, main fuse, contactor, etc), batteries (Have quotes for $125 @ 100ah shipped w/busbars/Bestgo from Carl at electriccarpartscompany, 2 yr warranty):eek:

#5 ·
sure....

by the way, you probably won't find a 'slap switch' handling 144v and 500+amps. One way to handle it is to run a choke cable thru firewall, and attach to your main circuit breaker pull.

I have some pix of what I did on my website, but other people have done it different ways.....
That sounds like a great solution What volt/amp circuit breaker do you recommend for a 144V Wap9 with 1k Zilla? Can I just use a Siemens from Home Depot or do I need to special order it. We are installing a 240 V 15 amp breaker and receptacle to power my air compressor on my circuit breaker box, so I figured maybe they have one that could handle the amps for my EV for a maintenance or emergency disconnect.?

#6 ·
That sounds like a great solution What volt/amp circuit breaker do you recommend for a 144V Wap9 with 1k Zilla? Can I just use a Siemens from Home Depot or do I need to special order it. We are installing a 240 V 15 amp breaker and receptacle to power my air compressor on my circuit breaker box, so I figured maybe they have one that could handle the amps for my EV for a maintenance or emergency disconnect.?

you CANNOT just use a 240v circuit breaker from home depot... those are for AC, and unlikely to function if the need arose to open the circuit while under load. DC power is much harder to interrupt, and the circuit breakers are quite different with stronger springs, larger gaps and magnetic blowouts to stop arcing.

read thru the sticky thread
http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php/ev-high-voltage-turning-and-off-25318.html

consider buying a big fat GE, or using a gang of the AirPax available from one of our dependable EV retailers like kta-ev.com or EVolveElectrics.com

all builds should include a big fat Feraz fuse mid-pack, a circuit breaker with manual pull added, and fuses for everything on the 12v side as well as an inertia switch (mounted vertically) interrupt on your 'key on' 12v power to controller.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.