AC Controller - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > Controllers

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2016, 06:38 PM

onegreenev will become famous soon enoughonegreenev will become famous soon enough
Default AC Controller

Just ordered an AC Controller board from Paul and Sabrina. The board is already populated and tested. I will supply the heat sink, IGBT modules which I have and Caps. With my IGBT modules I can go up to 600 amps and up to 600 volts. I'd like to try 156 volts or more and 600 amps on an HPEVS AC-35. Give it the RPM range it needs at solid 600 amps. That should give it a good kick in the rear. So this will be play toy number two as far as inverters go. It might be a great combination for those forklift induction motors. If you are good at machining you can get some cheap large AC induction motors as they come naked mostly in the forklifts. Just cheap cast end plates. Remove those and put them in a custom case and you are good to go. Usually press fit but could be done like HPEVS does with theirs. Make end plates and shafts that play well with available adapters and your golden.

Still working on my Generator project. Once on my feet I'll be out there again working on it to get it done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2016, 06:25 PM

akseminole is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AC Controller

Sounds neat.

Am interested to read more about this as it comes along.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:17 PM

onegreenev will become famous soon enoughonegreenev will become famous soon enough

I will post every thing I can and will do testing with the AC 35 before installing it into the Bus. Its pretty much ready to install but I want to test it with both my DIY inverters. I want to use the best one. The current one may be perfect for my initial project. Having foot issues and can't stand for long. Morton Neuroma on my right foot. Second procedure resulted in another no go. Figuring out what next. But still working very slowly forward.

Pete

Old 02-15-2017, 04:08 PM

How are the inverters working out?
Old 02-16-2017, 12:04 AM

Slow. We have been busy with life, then the Dam issue out here with the evacuation and possible partial spillway flooding. We are back but still on high alert as a new round of the Pineapple Express is descending upon on us tonight. Our hopes are that the work on the dam has been enough to hold back the water and prevent a disaster and another evacuation. I won't be playing too much in the next week. If you are not aware, google and YouTube Oroville Dam. You will see what's been happening here and we are down stream of the dam but about 25 miles away but in the path.

Last edited by onegreenev; 02-16-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:50 AM

hmincr is an unknown quantity at this point

Especially interested in the P&S inverter. I just received a Honda IMA and want to see if I can make up a DIY inverter for an E-assist alternator/motorcycle using the power electronics of the Honda.

Any info on where to get P&S populated board ? Bunch of searching turned up a new website, but, no real info there.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:18 PM

I have one that was pre-built. I don't have the power section together yet. Soon.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:49 AM

Go here. Its not a complete inverter but a populated motherboard and it comes with the little things you need to complete but you supply the cooling/mounting plate and power supplies and caps as needed for your particular needs. For me, Im going for 192 volts and as high of amperage as I can possibly get. I'd like to be at least in the 500 amp range.

https://pandspowerelectronics.ecwid....egory=16287307
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg fullsizeoutput_1d0.jpeg (1.96 MB, 12 views)

Old 03-05-2017, 07:29 AM

hmincr is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Pete.
I bought a Honda IMA controller and will use the power electronics from it for 200V system max for my moto conversion.
Old Yesterday, 12:55 AM

Would this work with the P&S AC board or would it not be able to deal with the amperage? The ad says it will work with a 1,200v 600amp IGBT, would it work with a 1,200v 1,400 amp IGBT or is there some hardware or software restriction? https://www.ebay.com/itm/172569673352

Share or Bookmark this