Barriers to mass EV conversion - Page 4 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Clubs > NZEVA

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 03:29 PM

Nick Smith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Barriers to mass EV conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
Hi Nick

I pay hundreds of dollars to the IMPENZ and IMechE, these are professional bodies and it helps with my job,
I pay tens of dollars to my scuba club and motor club

as a hobbyist I would pay a tens of dollars to an EV club - I just don't see paying hundreds of dollars - where is it going?

A trade organization - yes that would be worthwhile IF I wanted an EV business
for me ????
Duncan , i fully agree with your standpoint on this one regarding the price for individual membership. It will be up to APEV to make the membership fee worth YOUR while paying or maybe come up with a different "class" of membership (i.e gradIPENZ). Until that happens i see that there will be a reluctance for indivuals to join. Interestingly enough i am also an MIPENZ and i have been feeling for some time that IPENZ is not giving me personally anything of value. The only reason i keep paying the fee is because of its National and international standing.

In short, if there is nothing in it for you, why would you join? What level of membership fee would you pay? 50 bucks? What would you expect from APEV if you paid the full individual fee of ~150? These are serious questions that APEV needs the answer to. Membership is optional. Cheers Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 PM

Richard Wood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Richard Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Smith View Post
In short, if there is nothing in it for you, why would you join? What level of membership fee would you pay? 50 bucks? What would you expect from APEV if you paid the full individual fee of ~150? These are serious questions that APEV needs the answer to. Membership is optional. Cheers Nick
Joining a membership organisation doesn't have to be just about what is in it for you. As the saying goes - something like "ask not what your country can do for you...".

An organisation may provide an opportunity to contribute towards a goal you believe in, getting better results by collaborating with the other members.

Of course, you can always interpret that ability to contribute collaboratively and the personal networking you get as something that is actually in it for you.

For myself, I'd pay $30-$50 to join such an organisation, even if that is the only benefit.

Cheers
Richard
Old 05-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Duncan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Wood View Post
Joining a membership organisation doesn't have to be just about what is in it for you. As the saying goes - something like "ask not what your country can do for you...".

An organisation may provide an opportunity to contribute towards a goal you believe in, getting better results by collaborating with the other members.

Of course, you can always interpret that ability to contribute collaboratively and the personal networking you get as something that is actually in it for you.

For myself, I'd pay $30-$50 to join such an organisation, even if that is the only benefit.

Cheers
Richard
Hi Richard - so would I - but my generosity stops at about $50

Share or Bookmark this