DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Crown 72V 7.6 KW Motor Question

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  eco steve 
#1 ·
Hello all,

60% finished my 1984 Fiero and are just waiting for the motor and transmission to come back from the machine shop (about a month) and are wondering if anyone had any experiance with a 72V 7.6 KW Crown motor and the possible performance, I beleave it is just above 10HP at continuous run not sure the peak. The controller I am using is a Zapi 80V 600 Amps along with 18 Deka Unigy (3 parallel x 6 series). I was also thinking of cleaning the motor and giving is a fresh paint job using brake caliper paint. Any feedback would be fantastic.

#2 ·
Hello all,

60% finished my 1984 Fiero and are just waiting for the motor and transmission to come back from the machine shop (about a month) and are wondering if anyone had any experiance with a 72V 7.6 KW Crown motor and the possible performance, I beleave it is just above 10HP at continuous run not sure the peak. The controller I am using is a Zapi 80V 600 Amps along with 18 Deka Unigy (3 parallel x 6 series). I was also thinking of cleaning the motor and giving is a fresh paint job using brake caliper paint. Any feedback would be fantastic.
Hi eco,

Are you sure that is a series motor? I have one which looks about the same, but is 48 volt and SepEx. And did you have a bearing put in the drive end of it?

I think Crown makes a good motor. And it will likely do a good job for you. It may be a bit on the small size, especially if you have it loaded down with batteries. So watch your temperatures. Extra (like blower) ventilation may be needed if the motor gets too toasty. And are going to wire it for regen with the H2 controller?

major

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.