DC motor theory and model - Page 12 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > Electric Motors

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 04-13-2011, 08:35 PM
gor gor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 416
gor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DC motor theory and model

hi, Gerhard
can you post warp9 test data you used (96,144,156v; 300,400,500a..> etc) just table(spreadsheet)?
thank you
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Resistance brush loss[1].pdf (194.7 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #112  
Old 04-15-2011, 11:03 AM
GerhardRP GerhardRP is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 498
GerhardRP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DC motor theory and model

Quote:
Originally Posted by gor View Post
hi, Gerhard
can you post warp9 test data you used (96,144,156v; 300,400,500a..> etc) just table(spreadsheet)?
thank you
I got the data from some Zilla logs that Electrabishi shared. My present Excel spreadsheets are too messy to share. I'll try to clean them up and share what I think I learned from the data.
Gerhard
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:33 PM
GerhardRP GerhardRP is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 498
GerhardRP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DC motor theory and model

See next post for updated file. I deleted the older one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerhardRP View Post
I got the data from some Zilla logs that Electrabishi shared. My present Excel spreadsheets are too messy to share. I'll try to clean them up and share what I think I learned from the data.
Gerhard
Well, I spent a little time and set up a spreadsheet to calculate various curves for a Warp9 motor based on data provided by Mike Wilmon derived from several Zilla data dumps.
The first page gives the creative commons permissions.
The second page contains all the parameters describing the model: some are for the motor and others are for the battery pack. For starters, I strongly suggest that you change only battery entries.
The third page has all the calculations. You enter the desired current in the first colum and the RPM in the second [yes, I convert to SI units for the work]. To transfer the "current" data into the program, check new data [it will say "true" click again and it will report "false"] and then calculate. If you ask for a current greater than the battery will support, the program reduces the request in 1 volt steps.
The program is an excel file with extension .xls I have changed the file extension to .doc for posting. To use it, change it back.

Last edited by GerhardRP; 06-08-2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: remove attachment
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:34 AM
GerhardRP GerhardRP is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 498
GerhardRP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DC motor theory and model

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerhardRP View Post
Well, I spent a little time and set up a spreadsheet to calculate various curves for a Warp9 motor based on data provided by Mike Wilmon derived from several Zilla data dumps.
The first page gives the creative commons permissions.
The second page contains all the parameters describing the model: some are for the motor and others are for the battery pack. For starters, I strongly suggest that you change only battery entries.
The third page has all the calculations. You enter the desired current in the first colum and the RPM in the second [yes, I convert to SI units for the work]. To transfer the "current" data into the program, check new data [it will say "true" click again and it will report "false"] and then calculate. If you ask for a current greater than the battery will support, the program reduces the request in 1 amp steps.
The program is an excel file with extension .xls I have changed the file extension to .doc for posting. To use it, change it back.
I have added various controller set limits.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Copy of Model spreadsheet.doc (80.0 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by GerhardRP; 06-08-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-08-2011, 12:21 PM
GerhardRP GerhardRP is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 498
GerhardRP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DC motor theory and model

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerhardRP View Post
I have added various controller set limits.
Here is a graph showing Warp9 capability with various limits.

1. The linear rise from zero is from the 1000 Amp limit.
2. The near linear fall is from the motor voltage reaching the sagged battery voltage.
3. The flat comes from limiting the battery sag to 150 volts. [The slight rise in power reflects improving motor efficiency.]
4. The steeply falling curve above 4300 RPM resulrs from a motor limit of 150 Volts.

Gerhard
Attached Images
File Type: png Power limits.png (20.0 KB, 54 views)
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-17-2011, 08:51 PM
gor gor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 416
gor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DC motor theory and model

Gerhard, can you use your model to estimate warp 11hv values 0- 2000a at v=72;144;288? (regular torque-amps-rpm chart, only extended)
attachment - data from netgain site in text file
thank you
and big thanks on behalf of diy community and all people for sharing your knowledge
Attached Files
File Type: txt warp11hv.netgain.data.txt (355 Bytes, 6 views)
File Type: zip warp11hv_netgain.data.zip (71.9 KB, 1 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Share or Bookmark this

Tags
dc motor, model, rpm, theory, torque

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Support DIY Electric Car
Sponsors

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Ad Management by RedTyger