what does anybody know about Bestgo LiFePO4 cells? - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > Batteries and Charging

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 02:09 PM

kimpaw is on a distinguished road
Default what does anybody know about Bestgo LiFePO4 cells?

I just came across these for sale by electric car parts. Nobody I have talked to knows anything about them. They are supposedly in stock and ship free for orders over 24 cells. The only concern I have so far is the terminal appears to be recessed. ???
http://www.electriccarpartscompany.c...55mm-_p_8.html

Kimpaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 07:29 PM

MemphisPapa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what does anybody know about Bestgo LiFePO4 cells?

Buyer BEWARE! I ordered some BestGo batteries in Feb with 10% down. I paid the remainder of the balance when I was told they were ready to ship in mid March. After I was paid in full, I was informed that they didn't pass quality checks. I'm still waiting for batteries to ship and I have no idea what I will get. All communication with BestGo ends in "so sorry". I am really sorry. $6k sorry. I've gotten every excuse under the sun including that the engineer was hospitalized. This is the most dishonest company I have ever come across. They have strung me along by promising additional Ah units, but now it appears those were all lies.
I also bought a 2000W charger from BestGo, but it came with no markings and no documentation. I was told to install it and check the charge time.
The Electric Car Company has offered to make the battery order right and order HiPower batteries of the same Ah.
I suggest to stay away from BestGo.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:11 AM

kimpaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisPapa View Post
Buyer BEWARE! I ordered some BestGo batteries in Feb with 10% down. I paid the remainder of the balance when I was told they were ready to ship in mid March. After I was paid in full, I was informed that they didn't pass quality checks. I'm still waiting for batteries to ship and I have no idea what I will get. All communication with BestGo ends in "so sorry". I am really sorry. $6k sorry. I've gotten every excuse under the sun including that the engineer was hospitalized. This is the most dishonest company I have ever come across. They have strung me along by promising additional Ah units, but now it appears those were all lies.
I also bought a 2000W charger from BestGo, but it came with no markings and no documentation. I was told to install it and check the charge time.
The Electric Car Company has offered to make the battery order right and order HiPower batteries of the same Ah.
I suggest to stay away from BestGo.

Thanks for the reply , Having been burned by EV components on cells has left me fairly cautious. I will pay attention to your warning. Maybe it wiil save some others also.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:30 PM

Tedktis is an unknown quantity at this point

I talked to Carl at electric car parts co. today. Said he could ship the 100ah batteries asap, but the 200 ah take a while. Free shipping with 2 year warranty he said....etc. Hoped this 77 yr old man wasn't pulling my leg... anyone else deal with them?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:42 PM

ricklearned is on a distinguished road

A short term life insurance policy might be important. LOL
Old 07-26-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklearned View Post
A short term life insurance policy might be important. LOL
haaa! good one. LOL.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 PM

ricklearned is on a distinguished road

I am approaching 70 myself, so sometimes I think I want to baby my Lifepo's to get 10 years out of them. However, there are moments, when I feel the fire of my youth, the whine of my AC35, and I just want to stomp on my pedal and see what that baby will put out.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklearned View Post
I am approaching 70 myself, so sometimes I think I want to baby my Lifepo's to get 10 years out of them. However, there are moments, when I feel the fire of my youth, the whine of my AC35, and I just want to stomp on my pedal and see what that baby will put out.
Hope I feel the same way.... pretty sure I will. Nice VW!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 PM

Was just thinking today (smoke out the ears), that if lithiums become main stream, China takes the place of big oil. I understand that we will be using American powerplants to charge them (another topic for debate), but ALL these lithiums are coming from .... China! I don't know what everyones reasons were for getting into electric vehicles, but I for one wanted to be free of foreign oil. Now it appears we are inundated with foreign batteries and pther components. What are we doing here in states? Please don't try to sugar coat it or say but the electricity is made here. Listen to what I am saying. Big oil. Big battery. Big Government. We all know that even the oil companies are buying battery patents. It's a shell game, everything gets moved around. I am sure they get a big kick out of us fighting amongst ourselves about lead or lithium, Bms or no Bms, AC or DC. I think we need to put our differrences aside and reconsider the whys and hows instead of the tech battles. This country has stood because people stood together. Look at the two World Wars, people came together, sacrificed, even their lives for us to be where we are today. Fighting each other at times and under the oppression of a big gov't and big oil. Now, big batteries.

Does anyone know how much $ China has lemded us? Trillions?

Last edited by Tedktis; 07-29-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:31 AM

butkus1801 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedktis View Post
Was just thinking today (smoke out the ears), that if lithiums become main stream, China takes the place of big oil. I understand that we will be using American powerplants to charge them (another topic for debate), but ALL these lithiums are coming from .... China! I don't know what everyones reasons were for getting into electric vehicles, but I for one wanted to be free of foreign oil. Now it appears we are inundated with foreign batteries and pther components. What are we doing here in states? Please don't try to sugar coat it or say but the electricity is made here. Listen to what I am saying. Big oil. Big battery. Big Government. We all know that even the oil companies are buying battery patents. It's a shell game, everything gets moved around. I am sure they get a big kick out of us fighting amongst ourselves about lead or lithium, Bms or no Bms, AC or DC. I think we need to put our differrences aside and reconsider the whys and hows instead of the tech battles. This country has stood because people stood together. Look at the two World Wars, people came together, sacrificed, even their lives for us to be where we are today. Fighting each other at times and under the oppression of a big gov't and big oil. Now, big batteries.

Does anyone know how much $ China has lemded us? Trillions?
Good point. Trying to save too much money is killing us. Maybe, selling our souls to save a buck. If manufacturing is outsourced to other countries where labor is cheaper, we "save money" on an individual consumer level, but on a larger scale, a good portion of the money has left US hands, we sent it to another country. This might be understanable if there were some balance or reciprocity of manufacturing between nations, but we outsource too much. And all this seems to be unregulated. So, following this back to batteries, does A123 (US company) make anything comparable to BestGo or HiPower?

Share or Bookmark this