Thanks for the input.
With my "patch panel" part of the BMS, it takes me just a moment to check the voltage of each cell. Honestly, that is why I wanted that patch panel sort of thing in the first place... even tho my local vendor thinks it is a waste of space and overly complicates things. However, in hindsight, I like it a lot but would do it slightly differently if I had to do it over again.
Your Elcon shuts off after 1 amp?? Wow, maybe once my BMS is back in shape whatever charge curve is active will be appropriate after all. Meanwhile, I'll just keep an eye on the charge process. Don't find that hard at all... just like watching paint dry!
I'll bug my vendor about the charge info. I bought it from my local guy who ordered it directly from the factory. I'll see him over the weekend as he has my BMS board for repair and if that doesn't work, we have a club meeting Tuesday night and I'm going to trailer my EV to the meeting. It is about 60 miles from home so can't drive the EV
This morning, I checked the voltages. EVERY cell was a 3.37XX volts. I took a short drive after finishing that charge that resulted in one cell at 4.05 volts and that did the trick to bleed off the top voltage.
I really don't care to go after that very last tiny bit of capacity at the end of the charge... so if I could adjust the Elcon, or switch to another charge curve, I would.
Wow, what a brilliant idea you had asking them to program in advance for alternate cutoff voltages!!!
Maybe we should start a sticky thread titled "In Hindesight: What I'd do differently."
It's a great day in Northern Idaho so I'm off for a drive into town to visit some more of the places that did any work on my project... been promising for months that I'd bring it around when it was on the road!