Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > All EV Conversions and Builds

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2010, 09:43 PM

KiwiEV is just really niceKiwiEV is just really niceKiwiEV is just really niceKiwiEV is just really niceKiwiEV is just really nice
Default Re: Gav's EV conversion YouTube videos and DVD

Yeah Pete, my resigning was either a brave or stupid move. Time will tell!
The economy's been hit here but according to the news it's not as bad as it is up in the USA. Things are still plodding along quite well in this little isolated bubble in the South Pacific.

My former boss said the offer of a job is always there which is nice, but I really want to try standing on my own feet for a bit first!

While not for profit, I did use my HD camcorder on Saturday in fact:

WARNING: Video contains neon-white flesh due to a very long winter.

Last edited by KiwiEV; 01-31-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: My sausage-like fingers keep hitting the wrong keys.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2010, 09:58 PM

KiwiEV is just really niceKiwiEV is just really niceKiwiEV is just really niceKiwiEV is just really niceKiwiEV is just really nice

It was bloody freezing. It was almost bearable until that chilly water hit Holland.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Administrator

david85 will become famous soon enough

I'll have to play the video when I get home at the end of this week. The connection I have access to is hit & miss when it comes to videos. Higher quality seems to be more of a problem.

Don't be a stranger Gavin, The place wouldn't be the same without you.
oh, and the water here is usually around 26C....heehee. Warmer in the sun.

All I had to do was build it.. http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums...ion-26587.html

Garage: http://www.diyelectriccar.com/garage/cars/206

Forum Rules and terms of service:

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/faq.php
Old 09-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Pirape is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Pirape

Gav, I have seen a doccumentary ''Who killed the electric car'' and I cant wait to see you in ''Who brought back the electric car''

Please tell me you will record your kiwiev2
Old 10-04-2010, 04:07 PM

ThWongs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiEV View Post
Her name's Veronika and she's from Slovakia, up there next to Austria. Nice place, the food and wine is fantastic!
Hey Gav.

Great video's and an inspiration to many!

Veronika's accent sounds similar to my wife's, She is from Ukraine (I'd better not let her read this or she'll kill me! She was born in Russia, but lived in Ukraine most of her life).

Keep up the good work! I look forward to many more video's!

Last edited by ThWongs; 10-04-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:57 PM

HighTech is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Gav's EV conversion YouTube videos and DVD

Gav, if you read this, it seems you have become an internet sensation and your advertisements for "How to build your own electric car" have stumbled across my screen more than once in my searches for other things. The first time it happened I almost fell out of my chair. Gav! Hey, I know that guy. haha. Only after reading through all the advertisement there was no Gav's wife as the model to show off the electric car you converted. I thought, either she is just shy or Gav just forgot to put her in the picture. Then I thought, she probably won't care when the money starts rolling in and she gets to go spend it without Gav since he will be busy on the computer selling his DVD's and how to books. haha.

Anyway Gav, it good to see a friendly face and if you go to infomercials, just remember a female in there somewhere sure helps sell your products to females too. After all, females like to spend and some are garage monkeys just as much as we men are.

Glad to see you have done a lot since just making youtube videos.
Great advertisement. Hope to see more out there and maybe even see you on the Late Night Show some day. =)
Survival goodies since you must survivewww.bsoscblog.com
Old 12-02-2010, 09:28 AM

Gibby is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Gav is the man! I love his videos and the EVsecrets program that I purchased is great! Just starting my EV conversion on a mazda pickup.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:46 PM

yangsword9x is on a distinguished road

Is this a scam to steal my money?

Convert2EV ebook by Les and Jane Oke
http://www.convert-2-ev.com/

I'm so glad I found this forum! At first I heard about converting to electric on youtube...then I was in such a hurry to convert my vehicles, BUT!

I remember that now in the GREAT Depression of 2011 USA
that there were many scams about saving money!

So-oo, I ended up looking for reviews to prove if the book above was not a scam!
Unfortunetly I found none...

So please help tell me if the above is a SCAM or not!
Thanks!

PS: Gav I first saw you on the news talking about your EV conversion! I was so excited and inspired!
I was wondering if I can convert my car to electric just by watching your videos on youtube for free!? (since I'm a low class society)

Or do I have to buy your videos to make sure that I do accomplish a conversion? (If I accomplish a conversion by watching STEP-BY-STEP process for free on your youtube, I'll donate the same amount I would've paid for the DVDS to you once I save enough by driving the electric vehicle!x3)

As you know it actually cost a lot of money for a good conversion (100 miles range, 70 mph)...for low class society(or bottom of middle class) anyways. So some of us can't afford additional costs, just minimum...

You are my last hope...to get out of low class society.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:58 AM

dtbaker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangsword9x View Post
Is this a scam to steal my money?

Convert2EV ebook by Les and Jane Oke
http://www.convert-2-ev.com/
looks very questionable to me... no table of contents, no sample chapter, no details... you could start a thread on this and see if anyone has bought it or reviewed it. But, I would split it out from this thread on Gav's videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangsword9x View Post
Or do I have to buy your videos to make sure that I do accomplish a conversion? (If I accomplish a conversion by watching STEP-BY-STEP process for free on your youtube, I'll donate the same amount I would've paid for the DVDS to you once I save enough by driving the electric vehicle!x3)
I would point out that Gav has invested a lot of time and money making these videos.... if you don't want to invest a little to potentially speed your conversion, then don't buy'em, but I would not ask for them for free. If you can't afford the videos, then you probably can't afford to do a conversion.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:16 AM

dtbaker is on a distinguished road

I think most people will still need multiple sources of information as there are several key decision points where there are multiple valid solutions. My only point is that there are some obvious scams, some decent sources of info like Gav's that he is offering for a fee (to make a living),and others like Jack that are publishing lots of info for free. Heck I have 'almost' step by step photo-documented on my site along with how I arrived at MY decisions during the design and build, but it is not meant to be all inclusive.

My only point is that Gav came up with a good product, and offers it for sale, and people can choose to buy it, or look elsewhere, but probably shouldn't expect to get it for free if he is trying to make a living....
Sponsored Links

Share or Bookmark this