Gav's EV conversion YouTube videos and DVD - Page 4 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > All EV Conversions and Builds

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2012, 02:23 PM

Ace_bridger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gav's EV conversion YouTube videos and DVD

Me neither!!!!
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 03:26 PM

windjunkie is on a distinguished road

I just bought his "premium package" today after I viewed all 26 of his youtube videos yesterday. I mostly did this to "say thanks" for taking the time to share all that info-- and the time it took to edit and compile all the footage. I wish him well.

I scanned the books, and while most of the process can be gleaned from the videos, it's certainly nice to have a reference manual that is searchable. (actually 4 manuals total).

But I too saw his site and thought it looked like he was selling vitamins to the general public. I think if people see his site they are probably going there because of his (good) reputation and really don't need all the extra fluff.

Joe
Old 05-02-2012, 05:50 PM

yangsword9x is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Gav's EV conversion YouTube videos and DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiEV View Post
Oh man I've been slack! My sincere apologies.

KiwiEV2 may only exist in my mind at present but I can tell you this: It will be lithium powered - and it will be cheap.

KiwiEV 1 proved it could be done. KiwiEV 2 will prove it can be done with LiFePO4 (lithium) batteries, and yet done cheaply!

I'm going to need around $9,000 NZ ($6330 USD). It's a lot of money, yet for a useful, decent-performing lithium conversion that's pretty unheard of.

I've saved up my money, and now am ready to buy your premium package on how to convert to electric, but I don't want to buy it yet if you're still doing future High Definition videos that might not be included in the present/immediate package.

I want to make sure I get everything I can. Including your guide and HD videos on your dream lithium battery converted car, so I can convert to lithium batteries too! x3

So, if you're offering any future updates and HD videos, tips, etc. for free anyways, after I have bought the present premium package (around $77), then I'll go ahead and buy your package right now! If you do not, I'll wait later when your package is more updated.

Please reply back soon...Thanks.

Your potential customer,
Yangsword9x

PS: I don't want to go to a scam webpage that claims to be you selling your product, so is that web link at the bottom of your post the right website to buy your ev conversion guide?

PPS: Uh...I was wondering does your guide have any information about how to to connect 2 electric motors, like white zombies ev? Not with the couplink, but with the one long driveshaft running through both engines ("siamese twin"). I'm planning on doing a Lancer Evolution 9 with two Warp 13 netgain motor conversion. (Some time in the future to beat white zombies 1/4 mile and 0-60 street legal EV world record) But for now I'm just doing a cheap EV conversion to test out how good EV really are 0.0 (hopefully less than $10,000 x3).

Last edited by yangsword9x; 05-02-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: forgot something. revise...
Old 12-03-2014, 07:36 PM

Anthonyelectric is on a distinguished road

Gav ROCKS!

I used to love waiting for his videos on Youtube. I went the "lazy way" and bought a factory built 2000 Ford Ranger EV NiMH. I have decided to sell the Ranger and am now taking an already converted Fiero with a rotted frame and transplanting it to my Fiero.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:05 AM

Talking Re: Gav's EV conversion YouTube videos and DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyelectric View Post
Gav ROCKS!

I used to love waiting for his videos on Youtube. I went the "lazy way" and bought a factory built 2000 Ford Ranger EV NiMH. I have decided to sell the Ranger and am now taking an already converted Fiero with a rotted frame and transplanting it to my Fiero.

Yay you did it!
NiMH batteries are proven to last the longest amongst batteries. That will save you money. For example, on my Toyota Prius the NiMH batteries lasted 150,000 miles before I tried messing with the in-series connection and caused a spark with a metal wrench between the + and - ,...lol I'm alive what now?!
The power could turn on, but not all the speedometer things so....it did not drive.
Anyways...I tried recharging it with a 6volts-12 volts charger from wal-mart and its still dead, aldo the battery cell I sparked/tried charging swelled up XD ITS GONNA BLOW!!! So I stopped...so a tow truck came and recharged the 12 volts battery with his truck and cables (the drive and speedometer came back on, but could not drive so he hooked it up with his tow truck cable and reeled it in his truck bed), and I had the whole thing replaced at a shop at Hickory for $1000.

Back on track: According to my calculations, Gav was losing way more money doing his lead acid, lithion ion batteries than compared to just using a regular gasoline engine. The batteries don't last long enough to pay back cheaper then compared to gasoline. Now...I have not calculated NiMH batteries yet, but hey you can do that to see if it does cost less than gasoline...I'm just glad I did more research and calculations before I did what Gav did...ending up wasting even more money and having to move back to my parents. Don't get me wrong,....sure electricity is cheaper than gasoline, but the batteries makes it more expansive to replace/etc.

I'm trying to solve this problem by following the graphene supercapacitor on the University of Los Angeles research....trying to make my own.

Last edited by yangsword9x; 12-04-2014 at 06:09 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:34 PM

Well, Sir,

I have loved my NiMH truck since '07, but the modification bug has got me.

I have purchased two Fieros I will be converting and the 2000 Ford Ranger EV NiMH is for sale!

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post it, but you can PM me if you want more details.

Anthony
Old 12-04-2014, 04:36 PM

Also,
It isn't about "spending less money than gasoline" for me. This is about NOT spending money on gasoline and the experience.

I love the idea of saving a Fiero or two and doing something the Car Companies could do for cheaper (really? a BMW i3 gets 50 ish miles per charge for 50K????).

I'd rather spending MORE money on batteries/EV parts than LESS money on gasoline.

Your dollar is your vote, I refuse to vote for big oil.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Also,
It isn't about "spending less money than gasoline" for me. This is about NOT spending money on gasoline and the experience.

I love the idea of saving a Fiero or two and doing something the Car Companies could do for cheaper (really? a BMW i3 gets 50 ish miles per charge for 50K????).

I'd rather spending MORE money on batteries/EV parts than LESS money on gasoline.

Your dollar is your vote, I refuse to vote for big oil.
If you really don't want to spend money/vote on big oil....you're gonna have to go nuclear....the sun is nuclear....solar panels gets their power from the sun=nuclear.

Coal burning at the power plants to make air pressure to turn electric engines to make electricity creates pollution still...
Wind power is not available everywhere in the world....in my city its against the law to build any structures taller than your house...lol XD
Hydrogen Fuel Cells is limited, even if its more abundent than anything in the universe it will run out. Also, I'm not sure how much energy is needed to harvest/make Hydrogen compared to the energy you actually get to use from it....efficiency?

Bottom line....big oil/coal is producing the majority of power on this planet. From your shoes to your house. So if you truly want to vote electric...you're gonna have to have everyone go solar panel or nuclear in the future.

In this universe its either mass or energy. Mass = Atoms/nuclear power

Last edited by yangsword9x; 12-05-2014 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:19 AM

Wink Re: Gav's EV conversion YouTube videos and DVD

Quote:
Well, Sir,

I have loved my NiMH truck since '07, but the modification bug has got me.

I have purchased two Fieros I will be converting and the 2000 Ford Ranger EV NiMH is for sale!

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post it, but you can PM me if you want more details.

Anthony
Nah, I'm good now....
I'm trying to look more into the DMV laws for my state, so I can build my own vehicle from scratch. I need to call them to ask if I am allowed to make my own chassis, frame, and engine instead of using used parts.
I want to build a vehicle that is fast/easy to repair....like if you're in a war zone you don't have more than 1-3 hours for repairs,,, lol
I'm going with like 1 big whole piece for the chasis, seats, floor, etc. Its easier to add on to 1 piece for repair than removing 100 parts to see what's broken, LOL XD

You should advertise on more popular websites...maybe ebay, or craigslist?
Those are the places I would go to look for used vehicles.

Last edited by yangsword9x; 12-05-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Share or Bookmark this