DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Michael Pethel's New Netgain Racing Motors!

9K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  rochesterricer 
#1 · (Edited)
My buddy Mike, just sent me the pics! Count the brushes!

See less See more
#8 ·
No I think he means 450V each...meaning the motor could take more voltage than what even a Shiva can deliver from a pack so powerful it doesn't sag a bit!

I believe those motors are 9 inchers...so if the new Warp9 can draw 1000A w/ 147V @ 3200rpm (Jack Rickard Dyno) then these motors at say 3X the voltage (441V) can draw 1000A @ 9,600rpm!

Per Jack's graph 1000A in the Warp9 delivered 262ftlbs output.
Lets assume that these motors are built more for rpm than torque, so lets assume 200ftlbs @ 1000A...200ftlbs @ 9,600rpm = 366hp?!:eek:

#11 ·
Well, color me skeptical; hard to believe those numbers, although I suppose anything could handle 450 volts for a couple of milliseconds...

... although I am certainly no expert and would love to be proved wrong. If remotely true it would be a major breakthrough in brushed motor technology. I have a lot of respect for the players named above but I also respect physics. Hurry up and get them running and post some numbers Ron!

#13 ·
Wrong, 450 volts for a much longer span of time. They also have a new idea how to cool these motors! They also respect physics, the history on DC motors will say the back EMF may not allow such high numbers. All I can say is be open to new ideas that WORK!

#19 ·
In the past there was talk of these upcoming motors having some downsides for street use. IIRC they were going to sacrifice some low demand performance for the ability to handle ridiculous Amps and Volts? Is that still true and if so are there plans for a street version? (you know: one that just handle Obscene amounts of Amps and Volts instead of Ridiculous amounts?):D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.