DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Porsche Boxster EV $3500 Sacramento, CA

10K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  nimblemotors 
#1 ·
The Boxster was my racecar project, but just don't have the time or money to build a racecar, have a solar powered yacht that is my priority now.
I was selling as a roller, but have now got the 9in ADC motor and 5-speed and small motor controller and will soon be able to actually drive it as an EV. Price does not include any batteries or charger.

I'd consider finishing the car out as a racecar or streetcar with sufficient compensation.

I also have a pack of 130 SuperCaps that can deliver 950hp that was purchased for this project that obviously is not included in this price, but could use as intended, or sold separately for $5k. This was the Maxwell's Black Hammer project. ;)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
1997 with 109,000 miles on the odometer.
Yes, it comes with the 9in motor with a clutchless adapter.
Let me clarify that the car is being sold as a working EV,
contactor and 600amp circuit breaker, cables,
electric vaccum pump.
Still not sure what to do about the power steering.

The price does not include a 120v 20ah pack I built for it or the Supercaps,
which I can use in my other projects.
I can include the 120v 400amp controller if someone wants it,
it is a DIY controller uses two 600amp IGBTs.

#7 · (Edited)
I took the car for a drive today, the little golf cart controller will do 15mph, but gets hot just going around the block, but it does move.
The manual steering was no problem at all, brakes too, but I did only go 15 mph. ;)
Took pictures of it from all angles,
and show the interior. You can see them in the sacrameto craigslist ad.
Really need this car out of my driveway, I'm doing an engine swap on a V8 taurus and need the room, as I have 6 cars and 2 boats at my house.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4576329947.html

Attachments

#8 ·
OK Gentlemen, I need this car gone. All my efforts are now on the Indy One, including the batteries I was putting in this Boxster, they are in the Indy One.
So I will not be finishing this build. Don't make me part it out, make me an offer, and sorry can't ship it to Ohio or take a dozen pics. Just bring a trailer and some cash. :)

#10 ·
I drove it with 3 12v batteries and a golf cart controller. I've since converted that golf cart controller to 600 amps, and it is in the Indy One now.
I have the 1231 controller I modified for 1200 amps, but u don't want that one.

So it needs charger, batteries, and motor controller for the 9in ADC.

#15 ·
OK. Let me know if the deal with the local guy does not happen. I am willing to pay for the shipping to Florida, but I would need to find out more about the car first to make sure it is what I need. Unfortunately I have not found what I want here in Florida, but I also started looking not too long ago.

Regards.

#17 ·
I am now parting out this car. Of interest for EVs would be

EV200 contactor $100
ADC 9" Motor $500
The motor adapter plate and clutchless coupler for a Boxster, Audi, VW $500
250vdc 320amp circuit breaker, $100

The transaxle itself might be of interest too for putting in another car,
would let that go for $200.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.