Sinopoly, ThunderSky and Winston - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > Marketplace > Parts Vendors

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 04:35 AM

sinopoly.david is on a distinguished road
Arrow Sinopoly, ThunderSky and Winston

Sinopoly costed HK$2.75 billion to purchase Thunder Sky Battery Limited in 25th May, 2010.

Regarding the Announcements, please visit the vents "Dec 2009, The Company entered into a letter of intent to purchase a lithium battery project for HK$2.75 billion" and "May 2010, The Acquisition in relation to the lithium battery project is completed" of following link,
http://www.sinopolybattery.com/html/about_investor.php

The Board is pleased to announce that with effect from 14 April 2011, the English name of the Company has been changed from “Thunder Sky Battery Limited” to “Sinopoly Battery Limited”.

Winston Battery served as a subcontractor for Sinopoly to manufacture lithium iron battery. So Winston can not sell battery without Sinopoly’s authorization. But Winston still sells LiFePO4 battery. As this action has deeply infringed on our company's related benefit, Sinopoly prosecuted Winston and recommend all the customers to stop purchasing Winston battery.

Our company name changed from Thunder Sky Battery to Sinopoly Battery Limited now (SEHK stock code: 729). One of the reasons of company changes is for business expanding and development. An important fact is that Sinopoly owns all the brand names, patents, and trademarks of Thunder sky.

Thunder sky is still one of our brands name. We own the rights to produce and sell the product with this brand name.

We do file a lawsuit against Winston Battery. The lawsuit takes time to get resolved. Of course, we want it get resolved as soon as possible.

Now, all of our product-battery color is Black.
We are updating our website, manual and specifications now.

If you have interest, welcome to contact me.

Best Regards
David Zhao
Sales Manager
Tel: +86 755 8627 1913 | Fax: +86 755 8627 1909
Email:jzhao@sinopolybattery.com|sinopoly.david@gmail.com

Sinopoly Battery Limited
Hong Kong Head Office: Rooms 901-905, 9th Floor, China Resources Building, 26 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Shenzhen Office: Room 1001, 10th Floor, Coastal Building (East Block), 15 Haide Road 3, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, P.R.C.
Jilin Factory: Youyi Industrial District, Jilin Liaoyuan Economic Development Area
Tianjin Factory: Hangu Jinbin Technology Innovation District, Tianjin
Web: http://www.sinopolybattery.com(SEHK: 729)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 09:59 AM

palmer_md will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sinopoly, ThunderSky and Winston

What new information do you have since this post in September?

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums...ad.php?t=62572

I believe there is a lot of interest in your batteries, but nobody seems to know how to purchase them.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:51 AM

Arrow Re: Sinopoly, ThunderSky and Winston

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmer_md View Post
What new information do you have since this post in September?

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums...ad.php?t=62572

I believe there is a lot of interest in your batteries, but nobody seems to know how to purchase them.
Hey, Dude, you can contact me as what I wrote above in my content. You can email to me or add my Skype.

David Zhao
Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 PM

JRoque is on a distinguished road

Hello Mr Sinopoly David, dude. Would it be possible to post here your prices and product availability so thousands of potential buyers can see it? If you're company is in full production and running the business in the clear, there shouldn't be a problem doing so.

Regards,
JR
Old 01-10-2012, 12:16 PM

major has a spectacular aura aboutmajor has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoque View Post
Hello Mr Sinopoly David, dude. Would it be possible to post here your prices and product availability so thousands of potential buyers can see it?
Yeah, dude, that would be cool

Regards,

major
Old 01-10-2012, 11:11 PM

Arrow Re: Sinopoly, ThunderSky and Winston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoque View Post
Hello Mr Sinopoly David, dude. Would it be possible to post here your prices and product availability so thousands of potential buyers can see it? If you're company is in full production and running the business in the clear, there shouldn't be a problem doing so.

Regards,
JR
Hello Sir,

We are really under full production.

Our biggest domestic customer is State Grid. The project is to build many swap stations all over the country. We build individual battery box of 80V60Ah for several different solutions.

All of our battery color is Black. Except 60Ah, is Green. Because State Grid symbol is Green.

Besides State Grid, we also have big customers in USA, Europe and Australia. In USA, there is also a Grid company purchased batttery from us. In Australia, for energy storage project. In Europe, EV project. I just handled an order of 1200 pcs 90Ah, only for 12 E-Cars, first part of 500 cars in this year.

We have 2 R&D centers. One is in Shanghai, another is in Tianjin.
Sinopoly has 2 production bases in current stage. One is in Liaoyuan city, Jilin Province (Northeast of China). Another is in Tianjin city. We are also planning to establish other 2 production bases in future.

Now, our battery models includs 40/60/90/100/180/200/260/300/400/700/1000Ah.

If you have interest, please send email to me and I can send our CE certificate to you. All the models passed in CE cert.

We are a listed company. We have our pricing strategy. But please understand we are not willing to show the price in public especially in forum.

If you have interest, I can tell you via email.

Last edited by sinopoly.david; 01-10-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:14 AM

JRoque is on a distinguished road

That was excellent, David, thank you. That kind of detailed information lends your company legitimacy in a USA market plague by rogue business and practices.

I understand your point of not disclosing your pricing publicly. As a business, you want to retain any possible leverage and perhaps improve pricing to edge out a competitor.

As a customer, however, I will share with others here what I know about the two leading EV cell providers:

- CALB, in CA, sells their product for $1.25/Ah plus shipping costs - it's hard or nearly impossible to negotiate this price down. They - and more importantly, their stock - are located here in USA so shipping is very quick. They also accept credit cards as an additional assurance of a sane transaction.

- I've seen Sinopoly in CN quote their product, depending on quantity, as low as $1.05/Ah including shipping to USA. I don't know about delivery lead times but at those prices is certainly worth investigating. Based on David's claims above, they seem to be fully operational despite recent legal worries.

Anyone else to add/improve the above info?

Regards,
JR
Old 01-11-2012, 09:02 AM

Hello JR,

In this business, you should understand that we are the latecomer. But we are trying all our best to serve our customers all over the world.
We need some time to open and expand our market. You will see, you can purchase from local USA soon.

Regards
David
Old 01-11-2012, 06:49 PM

EVfun will become famous soon enough

I will be more interested when there is one or more USA distributers stocking the cells. I would prefer to avoid the role of importer. I am currently running Thunder Sky LFP60AHA 60 amp hour cells. I am a bit concerned about the lower peak and continuous discharge ratings of the Sinopoly cells compared to the late Thunder Sky LiFeYPO4 cells. What is the DC resistance of the SP-LFP60AHA(B) cells? Are voltage/capacity discharge curves available for discharge rates higher than 60 amps? Those cells would allow larger pack in the same area and are much lighter than my older 60 amp hour cells. However, small packs work hard and excess voltage sag lowers efficiency. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVfun View Post
I will be more interested when there is one or more USA distributers stocking the cells. I would prefer to avoid the role of importer. I am currently running Thunder Sky LFP60AHA 60 amp hour cells. I am a bit concerned about the lower peak and continuous discharge ratings of the Sinopoly cells compared to the late Thunder Sky LiFeYPO4 cells. What is the DC resistance of the SP-LFP60AHA(B) cells? Are voltage/capacity discharge curves available for discharge rates higher than 60 amps? Those cells would allow larger pack in the same area and are much lighter than my older 60 amp hour cells. However, small packs work hard and excess voltage sag lowers efficiency. Thanks.
Hello Sir,
Please send email to me or tell me your mailbox. I'd like to send our 60Ah specification to you for your reference. Thanks

Share or Bookmark this