DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Smallest pack that can output 2000A at 144V?

9K views 57 replies 12 participants last post by  Zimnismoboy34 
#1 ·
I am trying to find the cheapest way to get 2000A at 144V. I have experience building BMS systems, but on smaller packs. With some 30A 18650 cells I would need over 2,650 cells, which seems like an excessive amount.

Any tips?

#58 ·
have had a interesting read on there about this build .
Regarding the motors one attached to each wheel ? not sure if you know this but you will have equal power to each wheel, turning will be a nightmare as the inner wheel will need to slow down and the outer speed up, this will induce a heavy case of fighting the steering wheel. which is why most drag and track ev high performance cars use a strong diff and prop shaft with out a transmission .
The electronics to drive around corners with hub powered wheels with that much energy would be nothing short of insane, effectively you need steering input sensors, g force sensors and throttle position mapped out so that the hubs can operate as a matched pair, they have to talk to each other .
And know power out put proportionately .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.