Tilting tadpole trike scratch build - Page 2 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > All EV Conversions and Builds

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 11:17 AM

toddshotrods is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tilting tadpole trike scratch build

Ohio has seperate two and three wheel motorcycle licenses. I have had my motorcycle endorsement for a couple decades now. I always wanted to get my trike endorsement but never had access to a trike to do it. Maybe that's a good excuse to build an EV trike!

Our riding test was similar (with cones, etc) but we get a learner's permit after passing the written test. No passengers, no riding after dark, no freeways, etc., while riding on the learner's permit. I had been riding for a couple years before I actually took the riding test, and had heard all the horror stories of people hitting cones, wrecking their bikes, failing the test...

I was on a 77 Kawasaki KZ1000 and breezed through the test like it was nothing. I got five points off for showing off and doing a full panic stop instead of placing my front wheel on the line at the end of the test. Yes, I got penalized for being able to haul my bike down too fast!

The point is, if you can really handle your bike you can pass those tests. They are designed to weed out the people who are likely to kill themselves due to not being able to handle the bike.

Set up some cones (plastic bottles) in a parking lot and practice until you're confident.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2009, 01:47 PM

Russ_VC is on a distinguished road

I California, the motorcycle safety foundation offered a CHP (Ca Highway Patrol) approved course takes a full weekend, but gets you out of the DMV driving test and an insurance discount for having taken a safety course.

Love the trike design you came up with. In leaning mechanisms, I like the one off the Brudeli 625L. Simple, easy to understand from the website pics.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:18 PM

Cdog is on a distinguished road

Great Idea!!! Already prototyped by someone and being shopped to investors. See it at

http://www.revolutionmotors.biz/revolution/

Share or Bookmark this