- Your skill level with auto mechanics and fabrication
depsite the name ive never been a revhead.
they stink, theyre noisy , expensive - an dteh Ford/holden culture puts me right off
but i might as well get back in at ground level with EV's
and i need a new hobby that justifies itself in economics.
in effect a good EV might buy me a means of income
- The range you are hoping to get (how many miles/charge)
60km +. Inner urban transport, possibly carrying payloads...
- What level of performance you are hoping to get
A to Z, at city speeds, on flat to gently sloping ground
- How much money you are willing to put into your project
whatever the cost benefit ratio says. but were talking personal loans if need be. Itd be a commercial vehicle, depreciated against its earnings with allowable tax deductions.
im thinking if my running cost are very low with a plug in i can take the fatter margin as fuel goes up.. its $AU 1.70/L here now.
- What parts you've already considered, if any.
a Small car would be ok, rip out the back seats and convert to a microvan. A light commercial van like tradies use would be best.
room for extra batteries to extend range
room for payloads
Ill try not to ask too much till ive read all i can read
but great to be here