A Word of Introduction, An Invitation to Make History - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Clubs > Dallas EV Club

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 07:11 PM

spiceyweasel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to spiceyweasel
Default A Word of Introduction, An Invitation to Make History

Ladies and gentlemen, I am Shawn Matthews, mad scientist....though some may argue I'm more mad than scientist. I came to this forum to enlist your help in changing the world as we know it. Oil dependence is an ugly topic these days....that's why we are here, is it not? Well, as distasteful a subject as it may be, I would like to ask you to join me in breaking it. How, you ask? I happened upon a shocking (pun intended here) discovery while trying to save a few dollars on my electric bill on my farm in North Central Arkansas. Though my investment bore no fruit there for lack of a very important resource, I discovered it was the key to vastly improving the range of electric cars. I need someone who has an electric car that isn't getting the range they desire to partner with me on an experiment that will, no doubt, reshape the way we look at electric power in this nation. With your help, we can, once and for all, tell the oil sheiks exactly what they can do with their over-priced pollutants. Join me, my friends, in an oil free future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 05:45 AM

Ziggythewiz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Word of Introduction, An Invitation to Make History

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceyweasel View Post
Though my investment bore no fruit there for lack of a very important resource, I discovered it was the key to vastly improving the range of electric cars.
Let me guess, $$$?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:59 AM

No. I am looking for someone with an electric car who would be willing to install my device and help me test it's effectiveness for improving the range of said vehicle. I do not require your money.....just your time, knowledge, and a viable platform (electric car) to install this on. I found a car I will attempt to purchase off eBay to convert on my own if nothing else, but I lack the technical expertise to do it quickly by myself. Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:23 AM

Nathan219 is on a distinguished road

If you truly want to change the world for the better just tell everyone what your device is and how it works. Trust in people being too lazy to steal your idea, when they can just buy it from you.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 AM

Wouldn't that be nice? I doubt that, however. No....I will simply build my own electric car, do the research, get the proof, and market it myself. I DO want to change the world. I don't want some oil company schmuck stealing the idea and paying off the patent office to bury it. I should have known better than to even ask for help in the first place.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:51 AM

Qer will become famous soon enoughQer will become famous soon enough

Snake oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddshotrods View Post
I like the Soliton's hi-tech build and ability to deliver whopping doses of current until someone screams "Uncle!"
Old 03-07-2012, 11:01 AM

Nathan219 is on a distinguished road

At the risk of starting a war of hurt feelings, we as a community have seen scam after scam after scam, and they all start like this. I have this really great idea now give me your money so I can make it real.
If you were as good as the people you expect to support you then give your idea away, and people will be as passionate about it as you are, and you will get allies. Your demonstrated lack of trust speaks volumes to your own character!
Why would you choose to live your life in fear of what some theoretical oil company might do to you, this is not the place for people who choose to live in fear of such silly notions and have built rolling works of art telling the oil companies your time is coming to an end.
Good luck with your endeavors, I hope you prove me wrong.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:04 AM

major has a spectacular aura aboutmajor has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceyweasel View Post
Wouldn't that be nice? I doubt that, however. No....I will simply build my own electric car, do the research, get the proof, and market it myself. I DO want to change the world. I don't want some oil company schmuck stealing the idea and paying off the patent office to bury it. I should have known better than to even ask for help in the first place.
Maybe something along these lines?
Quote:
My invention is a charge enhancer for electric vehicles that more than triples the range of an EV on a single charge. In other words, a car that can run 300 miles on a charge can get close to 1000 miles by using my creation. The device can be attached to any vehicle with very little modification without harm to the aesthetics of said vehicle. my contact information is as follows: Shawn Matthews
That wasn't too difficult to find. http://www.123inventions.com/inventions/invention-listings-05.htm But now that it is out of the bag, tell us more about this charge enhancer, please.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 AM

JRoque is on a distinguished road

Hello Spicey,

Bear with some of us while we're being skeptical. If I told you I had a revolutionary corn kernel for you to plant in your farm that's better than anything known to humans in the past 100 years, you'd be asking questions too. Remember, even Nikola Tesla was shunned aside when he proposed his radical ideas so please hang in there through the questioning. Your pick for a post subject is also rather bold and that usually raises some alarms.

If I may, I would propose you write up your idea and file for a patent first. You do not need a granted patent to protect your property, just have it documented. If your idea is beyond revolutionary and likely many years ahead of anyone else's, then filing a patent application is not in your best interest. But for the more part, and knowing how many others are working on this problem, perhaps simple documentation and notarization would suffice to protect you.

If that is at all helpful, care to share some of the highlights of your idea? Even at the the general component level, more info would be useful. For example, is it a better battery? Better motor? Better controller?

JR
Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 AM

Yes, that is understandable. However, I am NOT trying to sell anything to anyone. I asked for help from someone who has an electric car, and the know-how to build one, to simply help me test the viability of my device. That I am, instead, being flooded with asinine remarks about snake oil, etc., simply makes me think I need to do this on my own. The naysayers can build their own AFTER I have patent paperwork in hand. I apologize to you if my frustration is showing, but I did not intend to start some stupid argument here. I have, in the meantime, found a treasure trove of how-to information on YouTube and elsewhere on the internet to guide me in building my own EV. I will not go into detail here, or anywhere else for that matter, on how my device works as I intend to sell it once I get the empirical data needed to prove it's worth. Regardless, IF I am successful with this endeavor, and can secure a contract to supply them to a car builder, I will post a video on YouTube about how it came into being and, hopefully, you all will be able to put two and two together and make your own.

Share or Bookmark this