ZakPak Calb_CA+A123 cell group, curing the cliff - Page 2 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > Batteries and Charging

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 03:27 PM

Zak650 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ZakPak Calb_CA+A123 cell group, curing the cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggythewiz View Post
I'm not sure how the balancer would tell you anything, other than if they're in balance (they won't be while driving). A simple ammeter, if it can handle large negatives, could tell you how much is flowing where, but it is much more useful to know how much flowed in total, over time.

You have to have an AH counter to run a lithium pack anyway, but two would make more sense for your setup. What do you have planned?

Oh, and another question...what are you using the rear shelf space for? And are you keeping the back seat in?
I have a cycleanylist so far as my only instrument on hand but I'm not turning any wheels yet so there's a lot yet to be decided but leaning toward the JDL. My bug is going to be powered by two Sevcon Gen4 8035 controllers feeding twin PMAC motors mostly used in motorcycles via tooth belt drive. Motors are horizontal, canted down at 10 degrees, one on each side, motors in front, belts to the rear, Aluminum flywheel with clutch. All electronices will reside inside the cab, deck over the rear seat location. This leave practically the entire engine bay empty 3" above the centerline. A micro pickup bed fits in that space for carrying heavy objects and a 7-9kw generator for travelling out of range. If you are going to build it yourself it might as well be what you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 03:55 PM

Ziggythewiz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ZakPak Calb_CA+A123 cell group, curing the cliff

Sounds cool. I've always liked bug-trucks. So since you already have a CA, I'd recommend running that on your main line, and a pair of JLDs on each string ($170 to add both). That way you'd know exactly how much power you're using everywhere, and exactly how efficient the paralleling is.

Share or Bookmark this