Christmas is coming, any good ideas !! - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > General Forum > Chit Chat

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2011, 02:35 AM

Batter is on a distinguished road
Default Christmas is coming, any good ideas !!

Christmas day is coming, any good ideas to celebrate the festaval?
As you know so many shops come up with ideas to attract customers, how about your idea, with your friends or your family?
Old 12-09-2011, 05:35 PM

PhantomPholly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Christmas is coming, any good ideas !!

We're celebrating by moving into a new home. One person's tragedy is another persons dream come true - we are getting our dream home years earlier than hoped for.

If you aren't fortunate enough to be buying a new home, I recommend a little study to understand what life was like only 100 years ago. You will find much to be thankful for; unless you are off the civilized grid, you likely don't have to fear starvation and horrible diseases. Polio was still quite common, and 5% of humanity perished in a single year from the flu in 1918. WWs I & II killed off millions, too.

I'm not being sarcastic nor trying to be cynical. We truly have much to be thankful for - and I truly believe that FAR too many are thankless when they live better than the greatest kings of antiquity.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:38 PM

piotrsko is on a distinguished road

+ a couple above

I intend to power up the ranger and drive up and down the street showing the nay sayers what I've done.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:33 AM

iti_uk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrsko View Post
I intend to power up the ranger and drive up and down the street showing the nay sayers what I've done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPholly View Post
We're celebrating by moving into a new home. One person's tragedy is another persons dream come true - we are getting our dream home years earlier than hoped for.

If you aren't fortunate enough to be buying a new home, I recommend a little study to understand what life was like only 100 years ago. You will find much to be thankful for; unless you are off the civilized grid, you likely don't have to fear starvation and horrible diseases. Polio was still quite common, and 5% of humanity perished in a single year from the flu in 1918. WWs I & II killed off millions, too.

I'm not being sarcastic nor trying to be cynical. We truly have much to be thankful for - and I truly believe that FAR too many are thankless when they live better than the greatest kings of antiquity.
Congratulations on the move! It's true, we live in very comfortable times - so many technological advances in the last few years alone, I wonder what will come next year? Let's hope that the political and economic world settles down a bit next year, too.

Personally I'm not religeous, so christmas is simply a good excuse to see family and friends. This year will have the added bonus of a double-family visit; to my parents' then to my finacee's parents. It's good to spend time with the important people in one's life.

Project-wise, I will no doubt spend a few hours sat in front of my computer on Catia, dreaming up chassis and body designs, and lamenting my lack of garage or workshop.

Chris
Old 12-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Admin: 'one of many'

Woodsmith will become famous soon enough

I'm usually in the 'Bah Humbug' camp but this year I have sent out a few cards and made a few gifts.

I blame the illness and so normal service will be resumed for next year.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:08 AM
gottdi

'Bah Humbug' No tree and not visitors. Working Christmas Eve and Christmas. Wife is working for 7 days on 24 hr call through Christmas and we won't see each other much. But next year we will do up Christmas real good. We just happen to have to work Christmas every three years. Looking into putting in a shop on the property so I don't have to share the Garage or car port. Usually the car port is the only place to work besides out in the open. Garage has too much other stuff stuffed inside. Even though we work the holiday it has been a very good year. Next will only be better.

Cheers
Pete

Last edited by gottdi; 12-12-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:19 AM

Kerensky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batter View Post
Christmas day is coming, any good ideas to celebrate the festaval?
As you know so many shops come up with ideas to attract customers, how about your idea, with your friends or your family?
200ah lipo batteries $2 each.....that would attract a customer or 2

Share or Bookmark this