Anyone purchase Sinopoly Battery direct yet? - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > Batteries and Charging

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Administrator

ElectriCar is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone purchase Sinopoly Battery direct yet?

Just emailed them for a quote for delivery to US. Will post what I find out but curious if anyone else has done so yet.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:03 PM

favguy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone purchase Sinopoly Battery direct yet?

Skooler on here (UK based) has dealt with them, he's offering services as a worldwide supplier, might be worth talking to him.

I've also corresponded with them via e-mail, seem to be pleasant enough to deal with, but I havn't bought from them personally yet.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

cruisin has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by favguy View Post
Skooler on here (UK based) has dealt with them, he's offering services as a worldwide supplier, might be worth talking to him.

I've also corresponded with them via e-mail, seem to be pleasant enough to deal with, but I havn't bought from them personally yet.
When you have a warranty problem or lack of support, dont come to this forum crying like everybody has in the past. That includes the Dave purchases from Seattle. Its all about money until you feel screwed.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Warranty is surely one reason to buy from a dealer in your own country. Otherwise the shipper will handle getting it to you but if you need to return something to China, who knows what you'll have to deal with. But for my small purchase I'll gamble on that one and bypass the dealer.

I checked into becoming a dealer for Calb in the eastern US but Keegan wouldn't discount it enough for it to be worth my time. It's hard to make a business work on 1 or 2% markup. That will hardly even cover the administrative costs!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Banned

cruisin has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectriCar View Post
Warranty is surely one reason to buy from a dealer in your own country. Otherwise the shipper will handle getting it to you but if you need to return something to China, who knows what you'll have to deal with. But for my small purchase I'll gamble on that one and bypass the dealer.

I checked into becoming a dealer for Calb in the eastern US but Keegan wouldn't discount it enough for it to be worth my time. It's hard to make a business work on 1 or 2% markup. That will hardly even cover the administrative costs!
I have been selling for Keegan for a long time, what choices do you have if you want to sell batteries. I have been selling EV conversion products for 8 years without a web page because I give 100% service with my EV conversion teaching experience and interest in helping others. Even with small returns, its enjoyable when customers show their appreciation.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
I have been selling for Keegan for a long time, what choices do you have if you want to sell batteries. I have been selling EV conversion products for 8 years without a web page because I give 100% service with my EV conversion teaching experience and interest in helping others. Even with small returns, its enjoyable when customers show their appreciation.
Well you can do that from your home provided you have a regular job and don't do the legally required tax paperwork but trying to make a living with it requires a little more than that. Filing the appropriate sales tax forms, paying for a building, phone lines, liability and other insurances, professional accounting services & administrative costs etc adds up. And you have to make a profit after all those costs in order to buy groceries.

I have a building and another business so it wouldn't be a big burden on me to do it but at 1 or 2% markup if I spend my time on the phone ordering, selling and handling the stuff as it comes in I'll lose money I could be making with my other business. For it to be profitable I'd need to make 15% or so off it. And I'm not the sort of person to try and gouge people, can't do that. If I sell something I want it to be a fair price. And I'm a believer in customer satisfaction as well. And no matter how hard you try, someone is going to get pissed and want their money back or something else happens and somehow you'll lose money somewhere along the line. To cover those things you MUST make a nominal profit.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:00 AM

JRP3 will become famous soon enoughJRP3 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectriCar View Post
Can't say I'm surprised. Since we can buy directly from Calib it would be hard to compete and make a profit.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:25 AM

JRP3 will become famous soon enoughJRP3 will become famous soon enough

Sinopoly's in an EV http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums...67&postcount=6

Share or Bookmark this