Wanted: Charger - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 AM

Ace_bridger is on a distinguished road
Default Wanted: Charger

Wanted: charger. Suitable for 144V lithium.

Last edited by Ace_bridger; 01-31-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old 01-28-2012, 11:52 AM

djbills is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wanted: Charger

I have an older K&W BC-20 for lead that might be a good fit for you. An "oldie but a goodie." I'd let it go cheap - PM me if interested.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:05 PM

mvest is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I have a IOTA DLS 55 charger. I just bought it (12/11 $165 w/ shipping) and while connecting it, it produced a spark and now will now break continuity. I thought about just putting a switch between (to break the circuit) and turn on and off to keep the 12v charged up while driving. It works fine and would be happy to get rid of for $75 O.B.O. If interested, let me know. Matt
Old 01-31-2012, 09:02 AM

frodus will become famous soon enoughfrodus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvest View Post
Hi there,

I have a IOTA DLS 55 charger. I just bought it (12/11 $165 w/ shipping) and while connecting it, it produced a spark and now will now break continuity. I thought about just putting a switch between (to break the circuit) and turn on and off to keep the 12v charged up while driving. It works fine and would be happy to get rid of for $75 O.B.O. If interested, let me know. Matt
The OP is looking for 96V and above.

Quote:
I haven't bought battery pack yet so anything 96V and above considered.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM

Ace_bridger is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the offer MVest but, indeed, I am looking for a pack charger not a 12V charger.

Update: I'm looking for a charger to charge 144V lithium pack!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:21 PM

mvest is on a distinguished road

OOOP'S, I knew that.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:09 PM

ResoluteZypher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_bridger View Post
Wanted: charger. Suitable for 144V lithium.
I am selling a ElCon HF PFC-4000 Charger, it's currently programed for 144V 250ah AGM battery pack. I'm not sure whether it would need re-programming to account for a lithium pack. I don't know what algorithm Elcon uses to program their chargers. If you are interested, I can call them and ask about it for you. It may have to be sent to them to be adjusted for your battery pack. I originally bought this 3-4 years ago to complete my senior design project in college and am no longer in need of it. I used it for a few months to complete a design of a motor controller. I last checked its functionality 4 months ago and will reconnect it to my battery pack to ensure it's working this weekend. If you are interested please email/call/text and we can work out the details. Brand new this charger runs $1500, although I actually paid more for it as the prices have gone down over the years. I am not using it and could use the cash so make me a reasonable offer and we can take it from there.

~Nick 5202755326
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 PM

golfelectric is on a distinguished road

I have an Elcon PFC3000 charger that is programmed for 46 90Ah lithium cells. The charger was programed by Jungle Motors. I purchased the charge in April 2009. The charge has been in my car since then and has worked perfectly.
I am upgrading my pack to 200V so I am going to have to replace the charger.
I am using a Elithion BMS system and it cuts off the charger based on my preset battery voltage. The charger voltage is set to finish at 167.9V.
I have heard that the finish voltage can be tweaked at the charger, but I am not positive.
The only flaw in the finish of the charger is that I had to cut 2 inches off the bottom of one third of the cooling fins on one side. It does not effect the operation of the charger at all. Most of the heat is generated in the center of the charger and it has never overheated. I have it mounted with plenty of clearance and have added a cooling fan for hot days.
I would like to get $750 for the charger, so let me know if you are interested. The charger is still in my car while I wait for the supplies and batteries to arrive for the upgrade. I can send photos of the current installation.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:33 AM
Administrator

skooler is on a distinguished road

Hi Adam,

If your still looking then try tccharger (google it)

Just bought mine from them and so far so good. Apparently it's an elcon underneath

Cheers,

Mike

Share or Bookmark this