there's been no big progress on this project. the other day, i pushed the drive to output 30 amps continuous. no heat, no temperature rise at all. was running good, until the 30amp breaker on my mains distribution box tripped.
the caps are ok. i measured them before install, and they averaged 880 uf. no surprise there, since they are rated at 20%. i would get 4 of those 10000 uf caps on ebay if i were doing this again. (2 for $43)
i've been busy searching for a different donor car. wife says to get practical with my "stupid" electric car shennanigans. i cannot drive kids around in my planned conversion; a cargo van. "get a nice car, remember, we have three kids"
i think i found one. a 99 bmw 540i sport. the guy will take $1400. in pristine condition, but motor blew up. he took the motor out, to replace it, then ran out of money. so half my job is already done. he probably thinks im a sucker, i did not tell him of my plans (just incase he decides to not sell, and go electric). as far as he knows, im buying an engine and getting my buddy to install it.
here it is, in his garage. notice all the parts around, from the engine teardown.