'89 mr2 design help - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > All EV Conversions and Builds

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 02:45 AM

Wcsparky05 is on a distinguished road
Default '89 mr2 design help

Im a newbie to ev conversions. So I have my '89 mr2 just pulled the motor and ordered the WARP 9" dc motor. I have done some calculations and would like some feedback from other 85-89 mr2 ev owners. The approx weight before engine removal is roughly 2500lbs. I would like to travel 60 miles on a single charge. I would prefer LiFePo4 batteries. The math is challenging me with the amp/hrs and the space ratios. I'd like to perhaps use an already existing working system that fits into the mr2 and also works into my 60 mile range. Thanks very much, please respond to wcsparky05@yahoo.com. Thx....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 02:45 PM

nucleus is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: '89 mr2 design help

Sparky, the whole point of a forum is to have a public discussion so everyone can learn from it.

If the discussion happens via private email everyone loses.

Nucleus
Old 05-28-2012, 06:37 PM

O'Zeeke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: '89 mr2 design help

Hi Sparky,can ev has kits for mr2. http://www.canev.com/KitsComp/Compon...dapterpage.htm I am currently driving a 89 ice mr2 also while I finish my Boxster 0.0 and will probably convert that one someday too.
O'Zeeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcsparky05 View Post
Im a newbie to ev conversions. So I have my '89 mr2 just pulled the motor and ordered the WARP 9" dc motor. I have done some calculations and would like some feedback from other 85-89 mr2 ev owners. The approx weight before engine removal is roughly 2500lbs. I would like to travel 60 miles on a single charge. I would prefer LiFePo4 batteries. The math is challenging me with the amp/hrs and the space ratios. I'd like to perhaps use an already existing working system that fits into the mr2 and also works into my 60 mile range. Thanks very much, please respond to wcsparky05@yahoo.com. Thx....

Share or Bookmark this

Tags
mr2