Starion - Page 4 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > All EV Conversions and Builds

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 04:50 AM

Tatsushige is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Starion

Thanks gottdi, I have show others today and a lot agree number 5 looks the best.

steve dorries the law says you need to change a car 30%, but as this is a EV the smoother the lines are and the better the airflow over and around the vehicle is important. I do not want it looking like the lambo, just used the lambo as a base ...

Last edited by Tatsushige; 06-23-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 AM

steve dorries is on a distinguished road

hey tatsushige!! 30% eh?? that seems quite reasonable!! looked at that link with the bmw..so it is possible to hook the motor onto the diff. SWEEEET!!!! will make relicensing here alot easier without touching the rear end.....goood info on the batteries as well. cheers again. your expert thoughts on gell batteries please. supposedly no fumes whilst operating??? and price seems quite good too.. how many types of batteries are there.??? i know about leavise me which dd, gel,lithium... can you direction, without costing a fortune as well please.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 PM

Mate when it comes to batteries it all depends on how much $$$ you have to spend ... A lot of the guys on here are using normal car batteries as they do not have the $$$ for anything better or because it is their first DIY. My first DIY was the Cheetah Mountain Bike, the batteries for that cost me about $AU3000 for 72volts as they are the Toshiba SCiB. If you got the money then I would look at Panasonic, Sharp or Toshiba .. Forget the Chinese made ones, IMHO anything Chinese made is just asking for trouble. Anything made in the UK is the same ... keep away from it.

Working on the chassis set up for batteries, inverters ect. Where the Engine/Tranny in the Lambo is will be the battery pack, think about 72kWh ~ 92kWh will fit in that area and which will give a range of about 350~400 kilometres, but has a price tag of about $40,000 to $50,000 .... Glad I have Toshiba as a sponsor will save me a lot of money on this prototype.

Last edited by Tatsushige; 04-23-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:47 PM

MN Driver is on a distinguished road

Why does your morning tea break cluster have an oil temperature, oil pressure, a gas guage, gas pressure, check engine light, and boost gauge? I reread the beginning of the thread, not seeing any use for the gauges you display. If you are generating boost pressure, oil pressure, or fuel pressure, I'm confused. ..or was this just playing with designs and you left them in, perhaps?
Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Driver View Post
Why does your morning tea break cluster have an oil temperature, oil pressure, a gas guage, gas pressure, check engine light, and boost gauge? I reread the beginning of the thread, not seeing any use for the gauges you display. If you are generating boost pressure, oil pressure, or fuel pressure, I'm confused. ..or was this just playing with designs and you left them in, perhaps?

I am thinking of a dash cluster that looks like them .. but sent up for a EV ... of course all the displays for the ICE will be change to have displays for the Electrics of the EV ... but will look something like they do ....

Last edited by Tatsushige; 04-23-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 AM

steve dorries is on a distinguished road

hey tatsushige!! just wondering ..... am i stuck with 72 volt motor,s to get the sort of high speed/cruising speeds???? admitantlly my vehicle will end up weighing between 1.5 and 2 tnnes, especially with two banks of batteries..
how did the meeting go in kawasaki with the second set of sponsor,s??? really good knowing your determination.....

cheers steve
Old 04-25-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dorries View Post
hey tatsushige!! just wondering ..... am i stuck with 72 volt motor,s to get the sort of high speed/cruising speeds???? admitantlly my vehicle will end up weighing between 1.5 and 2 tnnes, especially with two banks of batteries..
how did the meeting go in kawasaki with the second set of sponsor,s??? really good knowing your determination.....

cheers steve

72 Volts ... Mate if these guys in the UK can use a motor from a milk float and have a faster 0-100 then a Bugatti Veyron, you should have no problems for the speeds you want, I would look at later on removing the steel bodypanels and have fibreglass or carbon fibre ones made to make the vehicle lighter. Eg, Bonnet, Boot, bumpers, front guards etc.

The meeting went well, they like the "STARION" better then the "ORIE" and happy to sponsor the building of the Starion ..... Told them once the Starion is in production I would still like to make the ORIE even if it is only a limited number of 15, they are fine with it.

Last edited by Tatsushige; 04-25-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:07 PM

OK time for an update on the project.

Keeping the car as Eco Friendly as possible.

Looking at drive by wire.

The Toyota Estima has electric brakes so no need for brake lines and the likes that come with a normal braking system. I am looking at the same system.

Here in Japan they also have steer by wire, I am looking in to the legal side of the system as currently no vehicles use the system. If the system can be used it would remove the need for a steering column, and all the other current items needed.

Moving on to the interior, I want a leather look in the vehicles but without the slaughter of animals to give it. So looking at AMARETTA manufactured by Kuraray Co., Ltd. of Japan as the answer to this problem.

http://www.kuraray.co.jp/en/products/fiber/clarino.html

Developed using advanced technologies, the AMARETTA brand of CLARION offers designers an entirely new perspective on creating comfortable, luxurious automobile interiors.

Benefits
  • True Leather-like touch
  • Luxurious feel
  • High stain-resistance
  • Superior durability
  • Reduced UV yellowing compared to real leather
  • Environmentally friendly
After a meeting of the sponsors and a few friends the Starion will be offered in the following colours

Candy Apple Green
Candy Apple Red
Candy Black Cherry
Candy Blue
Candy Orange
Candy White
and
Candy Yellow

Interior will be dark grey and the stitching on the interior will match the colour of the exterior.

Example
Candy Yellow Exterior

Yellow Stitching on Grey Interior

Still thinking what colour the prototype will be in, maybe a Candy Blue or the above Candy Yellow, needs to be a colour to WOW the crowd and public.

Candy Blue

As for the stalker copying my post and posting them on Yahoo UK boards after editing them with abuse. Knock yourself out you unemployed benefits cheat.

Last edited by Tatsushige; 06-23-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:23 AM

I suck at anything computer related, but you get the idea.

At the moment the R&D company has hired another company to do a X-ray 3D model of the car to work out were all items are going to go. As there will be no room under the car for a battery pack, it looks like the bulk of the batteries will be behind the safety cell and some running along the channel between the driver and passenger.
Inverters, AC charger and DCDC supply up the front of the vehicle along with heating and Aircon units, rear will be Batteries, twin motors, high voltage charger, electric braking system.
Chassis is being designed also, looking at aluminum tubing for both front and rear chassis to keep the weight down as much as possible.
Rims look like they will be made from carbonfibre, but at the moment can not find someone that will help out making them. Looking at rims like on the concept car Estoque.

Last edited by Tatsushige; 06-28-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Share or Bookmark this