Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > All EV Conversions and Builds

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2012, 05:58 AM

jk1981 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Schism Hybrid Hot Rod (the Tailfeather Project reincarnated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddshotrods View Post
You might notice in the rendering that I didn't finish the CAD model. I just needed to develop the shape of the top and bottom plates to cut a pattern for them. The edges will be radiused to match the 2x3" tubing; making the frame rails sweep into the crossmember, like it was carved out of one piece of steel. That will all be good old fashioned hand fabrication.
That chassis is only 3" deep, I thought they must be 8" or so and slotted into your build table! With that big hole in the middle and a non-structural body how on earth are you going to make it structurally sound let alone stiff enough for racing?

And why solid mount the engine? It'll be horrid to drive, will shake itself to death and will crack its mounts (if you're lucky and it doesn't pull the mounting bosses out of the block/gearbox) sat atop the floppy chassis.

Don't get me wrong, it looks cool but it also looks frighteningly bendy. Have you run this past an engineer?
jk
Sponsored Links

Share or Bookmark this