ev jr dragster - Page 26 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > Non Road Going Vehicles

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM

jr dragster is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ev jr dragster

last year it was 350 pounds so i figure with the battery change 290-310 .somewhere in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 08:06 AM

tropes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr dragster View Post
last year it was 350 pounds so i figure with the battery change 290-310 .somewhere in there
I was wondering what the weight difference was between our two cars. I am going to weigh our car next weekend in Medicine Hat.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 PM

when i built the car i read that i should have the cables from the controller to motor three feet long , now i read they should be as short as possible which one is better or does it matter?? i could take out probably half .
Old 07-26-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
when i built the car i read that i should have the cables from the controller to motor three feet long , now i read they should be as short as possible which one is better or does it matter?? i could take out probably half .
as short as possible. less resistance = less heat.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:31 PM

weighed in MH on Friday. car weighs 276 lb.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 PM

were building a new car for next year chrome moly .Want to build a 7.90 car in the 1/8 .Was thinking using D&D es15-6 motor any other sugestions?? controller was looking at alltraxs new controllers but only 72 volts 740 amps dont know if that will run 7.90s,if it wont you cant go up on the voltage . So solution jr can go up to higher voltage ,or the zilla not sure which one to use . The alltrax is the lowest priced at 1,100 dollars the others are around 2,000 give or take.Need to keep it as light as possible ,will have 144 volts of A123s to use{made 2 packs for car now}so going up in voltage would be easy to do would need new charger,{ does anyone make a charger that is adjustable say from 96 volts to 144 ??} more voltage more weight,need light as possible .Car that were using now will go down to 48 volts for the new driver thats turning 8 next year,what have i got myself into?? lol.. having lots of fun planning and building and watching her race.{and spending money} thanks for your info .
Old 08-02-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
were building a new car for next year chrome moly .Want to build a 7.90 car in the 1/8 .Was thinking using D&D es15-6 motor any other sugestions?? controller was looking at alltraxs new controllers but only 72 volts 740 amps dont know if that will run 7.90s,if it wont you cant go up on the voltage . So solution jr can go up to higher voltage ,or the zilla not sure which one to use . The alltrax is the lowest priced at 1,100 dollars the others are around 2,000 give or take.Need to keep it as light as possible ,will have 144 volts of A123s to use{made 2 packs for car now}so going up in voltage would be easy to do would need new charger,{ does anyone make a charger that is adjustable say from 96 volts to 144 ??} more voltage more weight,need light as possible .Car that were using now will go down to 48 volts for the new driver thats turning 8 next year,what have i got myself into?? lol.. having lots of fun planning and building and watching her race.{and spending money} thanks for your info .
Sounds like a good plan. The ES-15-6 is basically the same motor as our K91, 1" longer, more torque. The difficult part may be finding a 120VAC charger. Looking forward to seeing a 7.90 electric.
Tropes
Old 08-06-2012, 11:32 AM

major has a spectacular aura aboutmajor has a spectacular aura about

http://www.engineeringtv.com/video/A...sters-at-Lawle;

I thought you guys might find this interesting
Old 08-06-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by major View Post
http://www.engineeringtv.com/video/A...sters-at-Lawle;

I thought you guys might find this interesting
Chip Gribben pointed this car out to me last week. It is so encouraging to see a 7.9 sec. electric Junior. We are also using a Halfscale chassis and a similar jackshaft setup. Because of the age of our driver we are limited to 8.9 seconds which we should achieve with 96 volts. We have run a 9.53 with 72 volts which is probably the quickest electric in the Thunder class. Consistancy is still a problem but I hope that will come once we get our gear ratio figured out. Thanks for the link.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:45 PM

Ordered the D&D ES-15-6 today for the new car just trying to figuire out what controller to buy alltrax 72 volt 740 amps or ths solution jr can go higher voltage but only 600 amps ?? just dont know which one there is a big price diff.But want a 7.90 car and dont know if it will do it at 72 volts ?? will do more reading.any thoughts ????

Share or Bookmark this