LiFePO from China - Page 4 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > Batteries and Charging

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 09:20 AM

MN Driver is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LiFePO from China

Rickard has a higher markup on pretty much everything he sells compared to other distributors that have been reputable such as CALIB. Makes sense for him since some people feel they can't trust anyone else, it depends on whether or not you think it's worth it. Some of his products are exclusive to him, which drives me away because if Rickard decides to not sell or support something in the future we don't have an alternative which is important to me although I only know of one Kostov distributor in the US but there's no comparable DC series interpoled motor to what I want so my choice is made there but I don't expect to easily burn out a motor on a car that's 1900lbs pre-conversion. Of course there are bad apples and we all need to be careful and do our own due diligence.
You'd need to contact CALB to become a distributor, en.calb.cn is their official site. It helps if you are near a port and don't need to forward the freight but customs is a PITA so it only makes sense if you can do a high volume operation.
The US site in Pamona, CA of www.calibpower.com apparently sells them but you need to contact them, someone posted here saying that Keegan can get them in. Farther away from NC for sure.
I'm curious about who in UT is distributing them? I haven't heard of that distributor yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Share or Bookmark this