Greenflight, I'm looking for some Tercel EV data - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > All EV Conversions and Builds

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2008, 09:15 AM

ga2500ev will become famous soon enough
Default Greenflight, I'm looking for some Tercel EV data

I've read here that Greenflight has been converting a Toyota Tercel. That's my likely donor candidate so I have a couple of questions:

1) Do you have any ballpark on the Whr/mile I might expect? My game plan is to drive in the 40 MPH range.

2) I've been looking for a gross vehicle weight rating for a 93 Tercel with no luck. Did you ever find one?

I'm trying to get a bead on sizing the battery pack. While the curb weight of the car is easily found at a shade over 2000 lbs, without the GVWR I have no idea how many lbs in batteries I can carry. And without a ballpark on the Whr/mile for the ride, it's difficult to figure out what size pack I need to expect to build.

My goals are 60 MPH top speed to qualify for the Georgia state tax credit and hopefully a range between 35-40 miles. Both of these dictate that I'll need to carry a certain number of batteries to generate both sufficient voltage and Whr to meet these requirements.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ga2500ev

Share or Bookmark this