Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > All EV Conversions and Builds

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2008, 03:28 PM
gottdi

Default Re: The Comparison: Closing prices per mile (gasoline vs. electricity)

What kind of price can you put on clean air? Clean land? Clean water? I did my conversion on an old car (recycled it) and I even used used EV parts where I could. Total cost for my conversion without labor (that is my fun time) is around $3500 max. It is nice to not see oil dripping and not to have the smell of gasoline and not to hear that old engine. My reasons are for our future and not about saving money. If you want to save money just go buy an old used car and fix it your self and enjoy it. No payments and you save by doing your own work. That is what you do if you just want to save money. I actually did both. Saved money and saved the planet. It is not only my home but yours. I did think of you too.

Pete : )

http://inertext.homeunix.com/electri...W/Welcome.html
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2008, 04:54 PM

Technologic is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Comparison: Closing prices per mile (gasoline vs. electricity)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbaker View Post
where did you get 8kWhr worth of Li for $3400 ?

d
that's the general price atm... Thundersky is that price currently. I've talked to a few places that give prices in the 40cent/watt hour range.

You can find LiFepo4's on ebay for 2500 for 8kwhr... but I don't exactly trust it.

I have on good authority from several ex-chinese suppliers I've done business with that volume wise, you can pull 20cents/wh.
Sponsored Links

Share or Bookmark this

Tags
car, comparison, conversion, gasoline, price