22K views 36 replies 9 participants last post by  Peterhase 
#1 ·
I am searching for controllers for PMS (permanent magnet synchronous) motor

Voltage up to 150V
Amperage up to 500A peak
with encoder feedback or with vector control algorithm

#35 · (Edited)
Sigmadrive - higher voltage than 96V nominal is not/will not be available :(

You are right about lower voltage, but 96V x 450A gives about 40kW of available power, so it is not low power controller.
No, see: http://www.dmcde.de/pdf/sigma2.pdf 120 & 144 Volt available on request!
40KW (450 apms) that is PEAK- only for a few seconds, not really helpful for German Autobahn :(. You have to compare the continous amps (1 hour)- usaually just about half of this: sigmadrive act950l = 240A!

#36 ·
peak power - U R right.

there is another but: normal ev needs ~16kW to maintain speed of 100-120km/h, another 16kW to accelerate to that speed. So concluding this theory, 40kW peak for 15seconds will make ev going 100-120km/h

I do not really know what U have in mind.. on DE autoban I travell with speeds 100-220km/h with diesel ICE.
My vision for EV is that it belongs to city traffic only.

Please change that quote from literature, it is theoretical. Manmy people here could misunderstand its meaning. (erase voltages, it is better to write HI and LO)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.