DIY Electric Car Forums banner

TexomaLand's Electric Car Association

55K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Sunking 
#1 · (Edited)
Texomaland, you know who you are, anyone in North Texas & Southern Oklahoma, but as far as that goes, anyone else who's interested in Electric Vehicles. Join us, in our quest for proving to the powers that be, Electric Vehicles are possible, because we're already driving them, or in the process of building one.

#7 ·
Is there anything close to Fort Smith, AR? I am currently building my first EV a 97 S-10. I have got the Warp 9 motor and 5-speed transmission mated together and mounted in the vehicle and am now working on building the battery racks. Just looking for some people to get idea's from. This is a project that Automotive students are working on as a project. I plan to have it completed sometime in April 09

#8 ·
Mark, Good to hear of another High School EV Project. We are also building an EV Pickup at our High School. You can see the progress of the build so far at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbarkley/sets/72157608431839748/

I've only heard of a few individuals scattered across Oklahoma who are interested in EV's, none have formed EV Clubs that I know of.

Our EV Club in Dallas, www.nteaa.org , is very active, with all sorts of talent involved in progressing EV's.

We'd sure welcome you and your students on a field trip to our meetings, on the 2nd Saturday of every month.

Mike

#9 ·
The NTEAA has been growing very fast, and I've just let Texoma merge into that club, rather than try and maintain two individual clubs at this point. There's not been a lot of activity north of the Dallas area, a few here and there are interested in EV's but not enough to maintain a separate club as of yet. I hope to get the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma involved in some projects here in Oklahoma relatively soon.

Go to: www.nteaa.org , we'd like to help you with any questions you might have.

I'm very active in EV's, and if you are in Texomaland, feel free to contact me, as we have a project in progress in Bonham, Texas at the High School, and I have my projects as well. The Bonham project can be seen at:

www.shrunkin.com/ev

I go to the monthly meetings for NTEAA, they are held every 2nd Saturday of the month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.