DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Kostov 9" 220V HV motor?

17K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Bowser330 
#1 ·
Have my prayers been answered?
Does anyone know anything about this motor?
--------------
K9" 220V boldly goes where no motor has gone before. It features over 6500rpm as nominal and close to 32kW in a 9"/45kg package. It is actually the first unit to benefit from our new high speed commutator for 9" motors. Appart from that it has a switchable stator field and covers 96-220V all at optimised rpm. K9" 220V is designed to take advantage of the upcoming Soliton JR controller.

http://kostov-motors.com/tractionmo...its/seriesdcmotorsforelectricvehicles/k9220v/

#2 ·
--------------
K9" 220V boldly goes where no motor has gone before. It features over 6500rpm as nominal and close to 32kW in a 9"/45kg package. It is actually the first unit to benefit from our new high speed commutator for 9" motors. Appart from that it has a switchable stator field and covers 96-220V all at optimised rpm. K9" 220V is designed to take advantage of the upcoming Soliton JR controller.

http://kostov-motors.com/tractionmo...its/seriesdcmotorsforelectricvehicles/k9220v/
Seems like a new offering from kostov-motors, I would email them about it and ask all your questions...They are very good about communicating and working with customers about their needs and wants...

With the Soliton-1 controller 220KW(295HP) is possible for as long as the motor can hold 1000A at speed, however with 220V i imagine the 295HP would only be available up to 3500rpm or so...

#13 ·
With the Soliton-1 controller 220KW(295HP) is possible for as long as the motor can hold 1000A at speed, however with 220V i imagine the 295HP would only be available up to 3500rpm or so...
RoughRider may have been referencing my post above stating "295hp"

220V*1000A = 220kw = 295hp ~ 300hp
this really confuses me ,........
the power that the motor can supply is it not the nominal voltage of the battery*motor current??? or as it is calculated above as battery voltage* controller current???
if second one is the case then can't we use a high current rated controller with a low power rating (comparatively) to get high output power??

#3 ·
I have an old Kostov, I like it. I really like that fan setup on the new one! The high rpm tricks are neat, too, more like something you'd expect at NEDRA than a forklift motor shop.
--------------

#8 ·
I received the following reply from Tesseract when I asked about the Kostov 9" back on Dec 29, 2010

That said, we haven't yet received any of the new 9"/220V Kostov motors, but we do have some of the new 10" and 11" models. Kostov has been working with us for the last year to better tweak their motors for EV applications, and, in particular, with our controllers. The new 9" motor should be a perfect match for our Soliton Jr. controller, but I have not actually tested one yet.

#10 ·
--------------

Hey Plamenator,
Are there performance curves for this motor yet. [Don't see them on the website.]
Gerhard

#11 ·
They are not on the site indeed.
We are starting the first batch for customers and stock in 10 days.
Until then I have some final tweaking to do so I expect proper drawing+performance curves to be uploaded in 2-3 weeks time.
A good battery for it will be something like 70x90Ah lithium cells to give 224V/~210kg/~8500$/20kWh.

BTW, we should also have the new Soliton Junior in stock within a month.

If you have any suggestions/questions about this motor, I will be glad to hear them :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.