stuck on my build need help with BLDC setup 10kw on my buggy urgent! - Page 3 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > EV Performance

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2017, 11:02 PM

Karter2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: stuck on my build need help with BLDC setup 10kw on my buggy urgent!

if you want to see what good data instrumentation can show you , take a look at this typical record of a 10 sec run from John Metrics DC Plasma EV racer...
Note how the motor voltage increases as the battery voltage sags to peak output
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2017, 02:38 AM

falshami is on a distinguished road
Default Re: stuck on my build need help with BLDC setup 10kw on my buggy urgent!

are any of you familliar with the vec500 by golden motors do you know if a cycle analyst can hook up to it? maybe this will help? also does it seem that a higher voltage is what may be needed?
Old 04-18-2017, 02:46 AM

falshami is on a distinguished road

so latest update.. i put in a jack shaft, i got a gear ratio from 10 teeth to 21 , attached to a 10 tooth to a 31, so roughly a 5:1 ratio, and now she does 24 mph... also the power wont go past 6 or 7 kw, i am quite confused. any ideas guys? i was really sure that with my size wheels at 5:1 i would have at least 50 mph?

Share or Bookmark this