DIY Electric Car Forums banner

600 series outrunner motor from EnerTrac

34K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  markcycle 
#1 ·
Introduction:
I have been designing a large hub motor or outrunner motor for motorcycle applications for almost two years.

I have done most of the development in a open forum call Endless Sphere
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7718

The motor is a true 10KW motor 30KW peak 3 phase WYE connected 24 pole Brushless motor

I not on this thread to sell anything as i didn't on the Sphere but to discuss design and application ideas for the motor.

I know the motor has application for cars and have sold a few for small cars already, those projects are just beginning.

For starters I prefer to use the motors inboard and retain a cars brake and supension system as much as possible by connecting to the front axles through the CV joints. Though one of my first car customers are going to use the motor as a wheel motor.

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Vehicle Automotive design Car Green Compact car

Product Auto part Axle part Logo

See less See more
#37 ·
The dirt bike looks very interesting.

Have you thought about a two wheel drive version? That would add an extra twist (pun intended) to independent throttle control for rock hopping.:)

#38 ·
The dirt bike looks very interesting.

Have you thought about a two wheel drive version? That would add an extra twist (pun intended) to independent throttle control for rock hopping.:)
Yes but I would use a lighter narrower less powerful motor in the front that would better fit a fork.

Now if someone wanted to commission me to build such a bike you could see it a lot sooner

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.