Tesla Battery Questions

965 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Syoung 
#1 ·
Hello all

So here is my requirement/ intended duty cycle

9 minutes @ 125Kw discharge

9 minutes @ 250Kw discharge

3 minutes @ <100Kw discharge

times are likely to 10% less but i've added some margin.

I know this is a high power demand over a long duration and an ambitious target! In terms of energy i figure that a Tesla pack should be good enough with a total energy requirement of about 55-60kWh.

Obviously i'll be using a decent BMS and control system to fold back demand where necessary based on either cell temp or min cell V.

But is it within the continuous discharge limit? How much will the pack voltage sag? I will certainly be keeping the cooling system.

any info and experience from people that have pushed a Tesla pack hard would be greatly appreciated. And if i'm way wide of the mark, what would be possible?

I'm at the concept stage of my design so have nothing fixed yet, just musing and working out what could be possible.

Cheers
S

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the advice.

Do you think active AC cooling during this cycle would help or do you feel the heat exchange between the cell and the water/glycol is the limiting factor and the extra temp delta would not benefit that much?

Yes i was only planning on having not much more than 200 cycles at the above duty cycle before having to replace or upgrade.

200 runs is allot for what it needs to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.