DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Electric Cars of Quebec

21K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  tommypress 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I saw this website but im curious how they function because i called saaq (not to be confused with saq :))

and they told me the following "in order to register this type of vehicle you must present a letter from the car manufacturer stating that this form of modifcation is permitted by them"

so far GM and suzuki both said NO for either the geo metro or the suzuki swift.. so.. WTF.. how do they do it ?

that website has a mazda miata for sale.. and they are working on a mazda 3... im confused

#7 · (Edited)
Rage0r, we could work on a distance project. I called Marc Barré, transport engineer for the SAAQ, he told me the easiest way for him to approve a conversion. I wrote everything down as a list. If you want, we could work on our own vehicles at distance and we could share tips to be street legal in Quebec... Don't forget that we must have a 1997 vehicle or older or else it's a NO :)

damn I love my province !

Toss me an e-mail
k.sabourin@live.ca

french or english

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.