DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Kandi Coco EV-Blown Controller

14K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kawdennis 
#1 ·
http://www.prosserrv.com/Electric_Vehicles.html
A friend of mine has bought one of these and the motor controller blew up the first time he took it for a ride they sent him a new controller and now new controller might be set wrong because the car won't go over 5 mph :mad:Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for the controller maybe even one that might give the car a little more performance say 45 mph rather than 35:(?

#2 ·
First rule of thumb is make sure you can BRING IT PHYSICALLY to the place of purchase for repair, its up to them to make it work, if you do the fix any number of issues could be present.

Next even when the car is working, an AC car needs to be programmed to go faster, it MAY be able to go as fast as 45mph like the flybo, but you need a special cable and software to reprogram.

Good Luck

#4 ·
Hi--I have a 2009 Kandi Coco, it only has a 4 Kw motor, I bought it 2 years ago and have 3000 miles on it now with no problems, but I would like to get a bigger motor (6 Kw) what size motor do you have? thanks Dennis PS this is my 1st post I hope I'am doing it right:)

#5 ·
Hi....I too have the stock motor....the 4 kw I believe....darn fun little car....have put 1200 miles on it since August....and spent maybe $12 on electricity. (Thats equivalent to approx..3.2 gallons of gas cost...over 300 "mpg" )......

Dont know how a larger motor would work....but it DOES sound intriguing....

Mine is the 2009 convertible....other than some rain leakage during heavy rain its pretty much perfect.....

Greetings from Rockford, IL.....glad you like your Coco.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.