DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Curtis 1238 wiring - newbie

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  meld2020 
#1 ·
Hello all, we just purchased a HPEV AC9 and a 1238 controller and are kind of going through our discovery phase. I am reading through the Curtis manual's wiring diagram and was wondering if any more detailed information is available about the I/O. It would be page 6 of this document:
http://curtisinstruments.com/Uploads/DataSheets/50265_123638E_RevC3.pdf

Some of the things I'm looking for info on:

We had HPEV program the unit to accept a 0-5V wigwag throttle input not from a throttle pot but from a RF receiver. So far my assumption is the output of that (and ground reference, respectively) will be wired to J1-15(16?) and J1-18, respectively.

Can the unit be programmed with supply voltage to just KSI/J1-1 or is wiring to the B+/- terminals required? I see no other ground reference so I guess I may have just answered my question.

I need more of an understanding on what Driver1,2,Mode,PV Driver and all of these input sinks mean. Am I just supposed to supply the switches/relays? Do these labels mean anything hard-coded into those Switch / Driver inputs, or are they just arbitrary assignments that can be used as anything in the software? Do Forward/Reverse mean anything at all (J1-22/J1-33) considering it is programmed for wigwag?

What types of main disconnects/fuses have others had success with in the past?

Thanks all, hope to be sharing some good results later.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.