DIY Electric Car Forums banner

2001 Porsche Boxster (rolling chassis) $3000

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  skooler 
#1 · (Edited)
2001 Porsche Boxster (rolling chassis) Sold

Sold to a forum member. Thank you for the interest and exposure here. Very much appreciated.

#5 · (Edited)
That screams out to me that this has been in a crash.

Anyone thinking of buying this please be careful.
Thanks for your concern, but that screaming you hear is likely paranoia. I can say with 99% certainty, that this was NOT in a crash. There is zero damage or evidence of previous body/frame repair, to be found on the front of this car. Not to mention, that there are other reasons that airbags are sometimes removed. For example, the same reason the front bumper is gone... it was sold prior to me getting the car. Again, thanks for your concern, but please don't make assumptions about things you are not sure about. The crash question was already addressed, honestly, in a previous message. (edit) I was wrong. I thought the previous question was about a crash, rather it was about being stolen. Regardless, the car was neither of those things. If you do a google search for Porsche IMS, you will see that a lot of these cars are prone to engine failure. The car came from LA Porsche dismantlers.

#6 ·
Thanks for your concern, but that screaming you hear is likely paranoia. I can say with 99% certainty, that this was NOT in a crash. There is zero damage or evidence of previous body/frame repair, to be found on the front of this car. Not to mention, that there are other reasons that airbags are sometimes removed. For example, the same reason the front bumper is gone... it was sold prior to me getting the car. Again, thanks for your concern, but please don't make assumptions about things you are not sure about. The crash question was already addressed, honestly, in a previous message. (edit) I was wrong. I thought the previous question was about a crash, rather it was about being stolen. Regardless, the car was neither of those things. If you do a google search for Porsche IMS, you will see that a lot of these cars are prone to engine failure. The car came from LA Porsche dismantlers.
I'm not making assumptions. Just protecting forum members by making them aware of a possibility.

good luck in selling it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.