Finnluxury Tritium electric supercar? - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > All EV Conversions and Builds

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2017, 02:40 AM

Finnluxury is on a distinguished road
Default Finnluxury Tritium electric supercar?

Hi,
I found this forum when I were looking for electric motors and controllers and tips how to build electric car. It looks like here is lot of information so I hope we could have some nice chat here.

I could start by telling a little bit of our company. We started our company at 2012. Our car is fully custom designed carbon fiber car. All panels are resin infused from CF with using core materials to make very stiff panels.

Currently we are looking for electric motor solution for the car. Obviously this car wont need over 100 miles radius, as its "super car". Most people drive maximum of 30 miles a day anyway with a basic passenger car. Our car is quite light weight. in the photos i attached it weights under 400kg (880lbs).

Our main business idea is to sell the cars without engine and transaxle. But we may do some Turn key electric versions for sale. So lets start a conversation with this question: If this would be your car, what electric motor package U would put in it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flt3.jpg (33.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg flt4.jpg (234.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg flt6.jpg (187.0 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2017, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Finnluxury Tritium electric supercar?

I forgot to add a link to nice video of the car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR8ek1PlpWo&t=43s
Old 05-15-2017, 06:22 AM

ishiwgao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnluxury View Post
Hi,
I found this forum when I were looking for electric motors and controllers and tips how to build electric car. It looks like here is lot of information so I hope we could have some nice chat here.

I could start by telling a little bit of our company. We started our company at 2012. Our car is fully custom designed carbon fiber car. All panels are resin infused from CF with using core materials to make very stiff panels.

Currently we are looking for electric motor solution for the car. Obviously this car wont need over 100 miles radius, as its "super car". Most people drive maximum of 30 miles a day anyway with a basic passenger car. Our car is quite light weight. in the photos i attached it weights under 400kg (880lbs).

Our main business idea is to sell the cars without engine and transaxle. But we may do some Turn key electric versions for sale. So lets start a conversation with this question: If this would be your car, what electric motor package U would put in it?
If you're in Finland, Drive EO over in Latvia (https://driveeo.com/) would be a nice company for you to contact.

Seems like you are focusing on the exterior of the car, while they have been doing a lot of engineering on the mechanical and electrical components of the car since 2013 at their race in Pikes Peaks every year.

If you can somehow combine your exterior with their interior, I believe something good might come out of it.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishiwgao View Post
If you're in Finland, Drive EO over in Latvia (https://driveeo.com/) would be a nice company for you to contact.

Seems like you are focusing on the exterior of the car, while they have been doing a lot of engineering on the mechanical and electrical components of the car since 2013 at their race in Pikes Peaks every year.

If you can somehow combine your exterior with their interior, I believe something good might come out of it.
Hi.
Thank for the tip. I could contact them and have a chat with them.

I am checking HPEVS AC motors and wondering is it possible to take more power out than the rated torque at their website? example: Curtis 1239e-7621 HPEVS Dual AC-34 Brushless Motor Kit - 96 Volt
= Rated Torque: 213 Lb Ft
Rated Power: 125 HP

I have reading this forum and saw how much power guys are taking out from the DC motors, but will it work Same way in the AC motors if I would have big enough inverter?
Old 06-14-2017, 05:09 AM

If someone has experience of YASA 750 r motor or Sevcon Gen4 size 10 inverter, I would be happy to have a chat.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:38 AM

Kevin Sharpe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If this would be your car, what electric motor package U would put in it?
I'd probably use the Tesla drivetrain because it's a mass produced solution with spares available for many years

Can I suggest you review the Evora/Tesla thread?

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums...d.php?t=182274

The evtv videos;

https://www.youtube.com/user/marionrickard/videos

And Damien's work in Ireland;

http://about.me/kevinsharpe

Last edited by Kevin Sharpe; 06-14-2017 at 05:54 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:39 AM

arklan has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via Skype™ to arklan

warp 9 all the way
Old 06-14-2017, 06:03 AM

Thanks. I will read these threads in a moment.
Problem with using Tesla drivetrain is the availability. This is not just one off car. We plan to make small series production. So a motor that can be bought as new (not used) would be our choice.

For AC motors i guess YASA or EMRAX would be our choice. Many people says: go DC as easy to get huge amount of torque and half of people says DC is old school, AC is only way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Sharpe View Post
I'd probably use the Tesla drivetrain because it's a mass produced solution with spares available for many years

Can I suggest you review the Evora/Tesla thread?

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums...d.php?t=182274

The evtv videos;

https://www.youtube.com/user/marionrickard/videos

And Damien's work in Ireland;

Old 06-14-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arklan View Post
warp 9 all the way
How long the brushes last in this kind of motors? I were checking a dual siamese warp 11 motor combo, but as this car is daily drive car, not drag racing, so i am afraid the brushes wont last long.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:14 AM

Kevin Sharpe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Problem with using Tesla drivetrain is the availability. This is not just one off car. We plan to make small series production. So a motor that can be bought as new (not used) would be our choice.
I understand but guess you're looking at low volume production (~25 cars per year?). It would be relatively easy to procure Tesla motors with <5000 miles on them and once the Model 3 is here you'll have access to almost unlimited units assuming they meet your performance requirements (Tesla claim they'll make 10,000 cars a week in 2018).

Whatever drivetrain and battery you select today expect it to change over time... the technology is evolving very quickly

Quote:
Many people says: go DC as easy to get huge amount of torque and half of people says DC is old school, AC is only way to go.
Careful you don't get sucked into the AC/DC Maelstrom Personally I think there's a reason why most production EV's use AC motors that are water-cooled.

http://about.me/kevinsharpe

Last edited by Kevin Sharpe; 06-14-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Share or Bookmark this