"Good OHM'n"... here we go... - Page 51 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > All EV Conversions and Builds

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 09:14 AM

Yukon_Shane is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Good OHM'n"... here we go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYguy View Post
YES! While this ice job actually happened earlier in the winter.. . we have been having snow! the last couple days.

This morning is opening day for Wild Turkey, so off I went 5:30 this am. Good thing there was no friggin snow. It has warmed a few degrees.
It's -1 C here today so I don't want hear any complaining from either of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 09:36 AM

DIYguy will become famous soon enoughDIYguy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to DIYguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon_Shane View Post
It's -1 C here today so I don't want hear any complaining from either of you!
ha! c'mon, u luv it. lol

Our low is about the same, ) this morning... . . but its suppose to creep up to 10C today I think! The sun is back!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:47 AM

Tesseract has a spectacular aura aboutTesseract has a spectacular aura aboutTesseract has a spectacular aura about

It was a bit nippy here in Florida this morning... about 19C. It's warmed up now to 22, maybe 23C...

Into EV's? Check out ChargedEVs Magazine
Old 04-25-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
It was a bit nippy here in Florida this morning... about 19C. It's warmed up now to 22, maybe 23C...
Nipppy??? R u kiddin me? lmao...

U can always tell the Canadians in Florida in the winter. They walk around in shorts and t shirts when ur having a cold day. . . and everyone else has a jacket on. lol
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM

Tesseract has a spectacular aura aboutTesseract has a spectacular aura aboutTesseract has a spectacular aura about

Oh, yeah... we can definitely pick out the Canadians in the winter, and for exactly the reasons you listed, plus one: they are always sunburned from the beach!

But enough carping about the weather - when are you going to find out if Shiva lives up to her name?

Old 04-25-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Oh, yeah... we can definitely pick out the Canadians in the winter, and for exactly the reasons you listed, plus one: they are always sunburned from the beach!

But enough carping about the weather - when are you going to find out if Shiva lives up to her name?
YA. . . well, here's the rub. I want/need the reverser and GV before moving fwd. I tore everything apart a few weeks ago. Both items were shipped yesterday and are on their way. So, I should be able to actually put this thing back together shortly. With my luck, something won't go together (motor trans) the way it's suppose to.

The last few batteries are on their way to finish my second pack. There are no more 32157's in Asia, period. . . and u can't get them here. I will have one piece for a spare. lol

So.... should be able to show something soon.

What about the chap that ended up getting "my" controller. (the first one shipped) cause he was in such a hurry, and I wasn't. ?

I know Ron will have his going soon enough also. I was kinda hopping someone would beat me to it . Just incase there were some surprises. . . lol
Old 04-25-2012, 03:44 PM

That was EV West. They had a photo shoot for a magazine or the like scheduled and needed the controller in a hurry. IIRC, the Shiva got to them the day of the shoot so they just chucked it under the hood, connected up the motor cables, and let the rest slide... literally, probably, since there don't appear to be any bolts holding The Destroyer down...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EVWest-M3-2.jpg (95.7 KB, 30 views)

Old 04-25-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYguy View Post
I know Ron will have his going soon enough also. I was kinda hopping someone would beat me to it . Just incase there were some surprises. . . lol
Missed this one... yeah, it's a brand new product that has been tested to 425V and 2500A, just not both at the same time (only Ron has that powerful of a pack - on paper, anyway). Otherwise it is basically 8 Jrs in a single box, with a special interface board to manage the IGBTs and a completely different current sensor (we had to resort to a locomotive current sensor! not exactly a "Digikey" item!)

Seb did install a Shiva in the 911 demo vehicle and ran the pack from full charge to exhaustion (fortunately only 1km from the shop) with me *attempting* to follow while Chris Ruoff (Charged EVs) filmed. The 911 with a Soliton1 (and the two motors wired in series) can accelerate from a dead stop so hard that my vision starts to tunnel - no kidding, I literally start to black out - but with a Shiva installed and the motors wired in parallel, it can accelerate that hard starting at 80mph in 4th gear. And that's just with a 6p96s Headway pack! That wasn't even enough power to warm the Shiva up (Seb didn't even bother to hook up the liquid cooling).

Oh, and it took 11 miles to drain the pack. Normal range for the car is 40-50 miles.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Missed this one... yeah, it's a brand new product that has been tested to 425V and 2500A, just not both at the same time (only Ron has that powerful of a pack - on paper, anyway). Otherwise it is basically 8 Jrs in a single box, with a special interface board to manage the IGBTs and a completely different current sensor (we had to resort to a locomotive current sensor! not exactly a "Digikey" item!)

Seb did install a Shiva in the 911 demo vehicle and ran the pack from full charge to exhaustion (fortunately only 1km from the shop) with me *attempting* to follow while Chris Ruoff (Charged EVs) filmed. The 911 with a Soliton1 (and the two motors wired in series) can accelerate from a dead stop so hard that my vision starts to tunnel - no kidding, I literally start to black out - but with a Shiva installed and the motors wired in parallel, it can accelerate that hard starting at 80mph in 4th gear. And that's just with a 6p96s Headway pack! That wasn't even enough power to warm the Shiva up (Seb didn't even bother to hook up the liquid cooling).

Oh, and it took 11 miles to drain the pack. Normal range for the car is 40-50 miles.
Just plain crazy. lol I won't have a problem hitting the 2500 amp limit. . . but mine won't be near that voltage. . . at least not until I get use to the g force and stop blacking out. Then maybe I'll double my voltage. . . lol
Hopefully the log files will allow a bump in current to 3000 or so.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:44 PM

Finally got the transmission stuff home. That was a bit of a journey. Took some work to get it together also. It's still not done either. Just put it together to get some critical dim's and sort out some mounting issues. Still have to make the adaptor plate set up. The input coupler does fit my motor shaft and the seal is the right dim also. . . but the distance between the two isn't quite right. I think I have it figured out though. Here's a couple pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00097-20120502-1927.jpg (91.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00102-20120502-1930.jpg (94.4 KB, 17 views)

Share or Bookmark this