The official site suggestions thread - Page 6 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > General Forum > Chit Chat

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2008, 08:58 AM

ecvs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The official site suggestions thread

Hi Sticky or whoever moderates this forum.

I am involved in doing an open source controller for EV's. Actually over time the group I have formed will address the issue of making a drive system for every type of motor someone may want to use.
The group I have started is in yahoo as evcs. I made a link to this forum and our group will use this forum if it is alright with you, for communication purposes. I would use this forum completely if it had the ability to host schematics and such but I don't see anywhere that can be done. So for now I will host the schematics on the yahoo group.
Also would it be possible to get a link set up in here to the group? This will probably help promote your site via google, because the more links you have the higher you rate on the search engine.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2008, 02:30 PM

JRP3 will become famous soon enoughJRP3 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: The official site suggestions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Torque Electric View Post
I notice that there are motor questions that are here and there as people post them. Same could be said for battery info and then controller questions. Being there are just a few main parts to any conversion, Batt's, controller, motor, charger, I'm wondering if area's could be made that are designed to discuss those particular aspects. Seems like it'd be nice to have a place to focus on the four main food groups so to speak, lol.
It'd sure make it easier for me to find all the motor question in one fell swoop, hehe.
Let me second this thought. It will be so much easier to search, navigate, and post with some basic forum sections:
General
Motors
Batteries
Controllers

As it is now the same subject could be posted under multiple topics.
Besides, anything that can be done to make it easier for Jim to answer our questions can only help
Old 03-11-2008, 09:18 PM

ngrimm is on a distinguished road

This is a great site but I have a question. Don't know if this has been asked before but is there any way the search strings can be less than four characters? For instance as it is you can't use the word "amp" or "ah" even when combined with longer words. I guess I could do an advanced Google search of this site but it's not as convenient. Thanks again. Norm
Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Administrator

rbgrn has disabled reputation

Thanks for the suggestions. I've always wanted to make component-specific forums but there hasn't been enough post traffic in the past to justify it. Very soon, however, it's looking like we will be needing that to stay organized and that's exactly what I will do. Motors, Batteries, Controllers will be the first 3 new forums we'll add to cover specific topics. I will leave the Technical Discussion forum in place but we will need to think of what to do with it as discussion moves to more specific forums.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Administrator

rbgrn has disabled reputation

ecvs - Let's discuss how we can facilitate the design and collaboration of the controller here. I've been wanting to help people collaborate on things like that since the site started and I think this would be an excellent product to start on. Please PM me and we'll work out the technical details.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Administrator

ElectriCar is on a distinguished road

rbgrn, I think we would all benefit from some sort of a review section where people could rate/review major components such as motors, controllers etc. as well as brands.

I don't like to purchase expensive items until I get info such as warranty, other users feedback about reliability, ease of setup and installation, factory help, returns and exchanges etc.

I'm old enough to have learned a few lessons about assuming an item is a quality product. If you base it on price, slick advertising or "testamonials" alone you are bound to get burned sooner or later!

Doing one of these conversions is a costly endeavor to most folks and reviews would definetly prevent a lot of that. It would reward reputable businesses and maybe even force some folks out of business if they're that bad.

For example I read where one guy bought a "Thundersky" battery to test. Upon arrival it worked great for a few tests then it died. He dissected the thing and found the construction was really shoddy but noted that the cells, when tied together long enough to work, performed really well. However last I read, he still hadn't been able to get them to make it good.

Thanks for your one heck of a site!
Old 07-03-2008, 10:51 AM

carl jimz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrotaryguy View Post
Can we start a suggestions section? I don't mean to be too presumptuous. I know I just got on this board today, but it would be nice to have a suggestions section.
I think I am in the right place to suggest a site?? Anyway I have found Myfirstev.com to be helpful. It's my site
Old 07-03-2008, 10:57 AM

JRP3 will become famous soon enoughJRP3 will become famous soon enough

Actually this thread is to suggest improvements to this site, not promote others. Maybe start a thread in chit chat?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:53 PM

carl jimz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
Actually this thread is to suggest improvements to this site, not promote others. Maybe start a thread in chit chat?
Whoops. Maybe I should of looked before I dove in. Sorry about that. Carl Jimz
Old 07-09-2008, 07:23 PM

ike9876 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have a question concerning EV and an idea to make them go further inbetween charges or maybe never need charging as long as you are on the open road. I need to know who to contact with this idea to pursue the production of such EV if the idea is possible. Thanks

Share or Bookmark this