Programming Curtis 1238-I can help - Page 3 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > Controllers

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2011, 12:08 PM

JRP3 will become famous soon enoughJRP3 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Programming Curtis 1238-I can help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
Lastly, the other scammer that posted here, has a reputation of trying to correct everybody without the knowledge of the subject matter, and ALWAYS HAS TO BE RIGHT. He knows who he is. I noticed that nobody has come forward with proof of the working home brewed interface using the 06 software. I tried to tell you it wont work, yet the scammer keeps complaining about a overprice programmer and how everybody has made a cludge work. Both you guys need to step up to the plate and stop lying to feel important as a scammer. If the shoe fits, wear it.
I guess I'm a failure as a scammer since I don't sell any products I provided links to the information that I found, I didn't just make it up.
So you'll send me a programmer for free so I can program my controller? If so I guess I was wrong about you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 PM

frodus will become famous soon enoughfrodus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I dont see any of you offering the above sevices.
Been offering those services for a little over a year now. JRP3 rented from me once before, along with several others.

So just stop with the attitude. I'm skeptical of people building those dongles too, but there are reports of several people getting it working.... so only time will tell if they're right.

what are the 1311-XXXX part numbers we should watch out for? I could've sworn there weren't any other 1311 part numbers besides those.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Banned

cruisin has a little shameless behaviour in the past

YES, I offer free advice to everyone even though I sell the HPEVS products at a reduce cost to forum members. I also tech classes in EV conversion and have been in the industry since 1979. I developed the cell pack using the 18650 cells for a EV and provided all the data to Tesla prior to their making their own design. I probably had the first VW EV to be powered by Li-ion with 29whr and 125mi range in 2008 and still everyday ride today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david85 View Post
Cruisin;

Are you selling a service here, or offering free advice if people contact you via Email to take you up on the offer to help?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Banned

cruisin has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You shouldnt tell others they are wrong because somebody else says they did it, unless you can VERIFY. Dont be a SCAMMER or a PIN HEAD.

QUOTE=JRP3;243834]I guess I'm a failure as a scammer since I don't sell any products I provided links to the information that I found, I didn't just make it up.
So you'll send me a programmer for free so I can program my controller? If so I guess I was wrong about you.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-31-2011, 12:28 PM

major has a spectacular aura aboutmajor has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by major View Post
Hey cruisin,

I've got a 1311-4401 Serial #00004370 LP manufact date 06090. Will it work with 1238?

Thanks,

major
Major, YES that programmer you have should work with most Curtis including the 1238 as it is current, but will be replaced in July. let me know if you need any help on how or what to program.
Hmmm, It doesn't

And with regards to:
Quote:
I havent tried to sell anybody a overpriced programmer or the softare as the previous scammer indicated.
Your previous post seems to contradict that:
Quote:
Best bet is to buy the 1311-4401 OEM version of the hand held programmer which works real good with 1238 available here cruisin@live.com.
I have nothing against people in business. I like it even more when people genuinely try to help others without making a buck. For curiosity sake, what is the SRP for the 1311-4401 and the correct PC package (software and dongle)? And what discount can you offer to us DIYers? Send me a PM if you don't want to broadcast it.

Regards,

major
Old 05-31-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
You shouldnt tell others they are wrong because somebody else says they did it, unless you can VERIFY. Dont be a SCAMMER or a PIN HEAD.
Again, I sell nothing so I'm not a scammer, and I just touched the top of my head and didn't stick myself, so I guess I'm not a pin head either
I must say you are representing your business very well with your attitude. Obviously I'll be highly recommending your services.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 PM

frodus will become famous soon enoughfrodus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The software must be 2008 or later in order to work for the 1238. And, no one has demontrated that they have made up a interface that will work on a 1238. Its time people stop lying trying to be important on these forums as our pupose should be to help each other.
Just so you know, and because you doubted that anyone had it working..... I decided to try it myself!

I went home and took a USB-Serial dongle I had laying around, looked around at pinouts online, traced it through my 4-pin connector for programming and used the current curtis software I got off my CD for my 1314-4401 (I also tried the software available online that "doesn't work")

Works just fine (both the software on my CD and the one you can download)! I connected in like 2 seconds. First try. I was actually pretty surprised that it was so easy.

What you need:
Curtis software (I won't redistribute this, so do NOT ask me for it. Find it somewhere else)
IOGear GUC232A
RS232 cable cut in half
Pinouts that I found (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post489324)

Oh and in case you don't believe me.....

Last edited by frodus; 04-16-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by major View Post
Hmmm, It doesn't
Hey cruis,

I wasn't trying to be mean. I was actually asking for the help you offer to tell me why it doesn't work and how I can get it to work. Any ideas?

I have available a new one at the lab which looks identical to my old one with same part number. The new one works fine. But my old one draws a blank. It used to work on the SepEx controllers a few years ago. Does it need an upgrade in firmware or a new "chip" or something?

Thanks,

major
Old 06-02-2011, 07:17 AM

Are you saying the old one doesn't power up at all, or just fails to connect?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
Are you saying the old one doesn't power up at all, or just fails to connect?
Been a couple of months. Don't recall. I'll take it in and try again. I remember switching cables with the new one, but that didn't help.

Share or Bookmark this