Wayland Opens His Big Mouth Again!!!!! - Page 5 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > General Forum > Chit Chat

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 12:07 PM

electrabishi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wayland Opens His Big Mouth Again!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumaniacsEVRacing View Post
Words from the man Wayland attacked:

"Jack Rickard • The world has rather divided into two groups. Those in attendance: Those not. John unfortunately falls into the latter group and it offends his ongoing mission of self aggrandizement. He launched a TOTALLY uninformed and misinformed attack on the "race day" activities and I responded in kind - leading to my being BANNED from the NEDRA group by the moderator Chippie something or other. GIRLZ.

We have an aging group of pioneer has beens, clinging to their lead batteries and news clippings, fearfully resentful of this new world of lithium cells and nice cars. That they would reflexively attack something they have no knowledge of is pathetic.

Mr. Wayland actually had the temerity to call me a liar in a public forum. When I tried to respond, they banned me from the discussion and CONTINUED THE DEBATE WITHOUT ME. Ironically, I"ve received 22 e-mail messages now from their OWN group apologizing for the behavior of their moderators and Wayland. I don't know quite what to make of it all.

In any event, the usual online mllieu. Have strong opinions and comment endlessly on a conference you did not attend and don't have a clue about. It is ever so.

Jack Rickard"

You guys can say what you want, but Wayland started this whole ****.
More words from the man Wayland "attacked"

Date: September 29, 2011 7:43:19 PM EDT
To: Chip Gribben <futurev@radix.net>
Subject: Re: Here's How to Hold a Drag Race

No Chip. You're allowing your hero to respond, and cutting ME off. You are indeed a cowardly little man. NEDRA is a small cess pool of no note. But if you are going to come out swinging, you can't then throw in the towel and whine like a girl.

You and Wayland have kind of fallen off the worlds radar. But this takes you off mine as well. You are trully craven cowardlly little warts and shouldn't be seen in polite company. With the magic button, you DO indeed get the last word in your little group. But it is a cowardly thing to do, and you'll be known for it quite widely. Check out this week's show. Rather a wider audience than the NEDRA group. If you want to play "who has the podium" you lose.

WARMEST regards;

Jack RIckard

Sure I know you guys will lambast me for doing this. But if Jack Ricard can post my private messages to him, and Ron can post Jacks private messages, then I have one more for ya.

Its really kind of ironic you and Jack wound up together. You two are the first in history to be banned from the NEDRA forum (and you Ron by several names). And funny that, its for the same reasons.

I don't know what apologies you have been receiving, but you will get none from me.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:19 PM

LithiumaniacsEVRacing can only hope to improve
Exclamation Re: Wayland Opens His Big Mouth Again!!!!!

You are still running your mouth!

You will never learn will you? You have lied so many times, I am starting to think you need medical help. You bashed the NHRA on the EVDL for running a business and making a profit, I'm sorry that is what America is all about. You have ran NEDRA into the ground, one of NEDRA's longest hero's no longer considers himself a NEDRA racer, that is Dennis Berube, you "professionals" LOL, drove him off the boards. He even requested you remove his info from NEDRA. What happen to the NEDRA Nationals???? Never did happen, what happen to your Florida Beach Burnout???? You are a failed leader of a failed organization. Try removing your head out of Wayland's azz and maybe you will see the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrabishi View Post
Not that I was asked to be there, But Jack made it perfectly clear he did "Not want lead junk" there and for all us lead heads to stay home and save money for lithium

And for the improfessional way the race itself was managed I fear your push to get recognized by NHRA will hurt the cause more than it will help.

For instance the question was posed distinctly and precisely by two individuals to the promoter as to whether cars had to be street legal to win the purse. Promoter answers yes to both queries. One individual replies back with a thank you for being clear and responsive in his answer.

Turns out that cars didn't really have to be street legal for that prize now did they Ron. It was like taking candy from a baby for you.

Give you a hint that those doing this for longer than me already know. Want to make the difference with NHRA and in the real world? Take your car to a track where you are the only electric there. Kick some gas and you will make the impression you want.

Trying to tell us how to run NEDRA, belittling everyone thats trying to make a difference and generally being an ass because others don't see things your way won't gain you acceptance in this crowd. I really could care less what you say about me.... but there are those in this public forum trying to do the good fight and all this is a distraction.

And you got me wrong Ron. I'm not against anyone who will "Not Allow NEDRA Officials", I'm against the bullshit and bullying you came at us with when you were a newbie on the scene what just over a year ago? And you haven't stopped. And until you do I won't let you try to sweet talk anyone into believing that you are the savior of anything, going to do all the right stuff because NEDRA can't do it and going to single handedly change the world of electric drag racing. If thats your intent as you have explicitly stated many times in the past, you are on a long road to nowhere.
Enzo Ferrari "Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races".
Old 09-30-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumaniacsEVRacing View Post
You are still running your mouth!
You are still running yours.

You are making a bold accusation about me lying. Care to support that with any sort of proof?

Dennis' records remain a part of history which we still maintain on our website. He is not banned. He chose to leave, which he has done on plenty of occasions long before I got here. We have had other people leave in disgust or just leave, over issues amounting to nothing more that disagreements. All organizations have that.

You on the other hand are outright banned. Accusing me of lies and not being able to substantiate them hurts you way more than me. Your off list threats to people and contacts to their employers is bordering on criminal. I'm thinking you're the one that needs the help, and not the medical kind.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:51 PM

Jason Lattimer is on a distinguished road

Guys,

We are all in the same game here for christ sake. The ICE guys are all laughing at us because it looks like we can't get our **** together. Why don't we just work with NHRA and try and develop races under NHRA approved rules. That way the ICE guys can't point at us and say, "Hey look, they can't compete with us without making their own rules and excluding us." We are kind of starting to look like the Harley guys who went off and made their own sanctioned events. The rest of the motorcycle drag racers laugh them off the track because it looks like they can't compete with the rest of the motorcycles, so they exclude them from races.
http://sustainablepolitical.blogspot.com/
Old 09-30-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lattimer View Post
Guys,

We are all in the same game here for christ sake. The ICE guys are all laughing at us because it looks like we can't get our **** together. Why don't we just work with NHRA and try and develop races under NHRA approved rules. That way the ICE guys can't point at us and say, "Hey look, they can't compete with us without making their own rules and excluding us." We are kind of starting to look like the Harley guys who went off and made their own sanctioned events. The rest of the motorcycle drag racers laugh them off the track because it looks like they can't compete with the rest of the motorcycles, so they exclude them from races.
Jason,
What RA does not want you to know, because its part of his bluff to he can tout me as against NHRA, is that we at NEDRA actually do talk with the folks at the NHRA and IHRA too. NEDRA is not trying to make separate rules for us and them. NEDRA has had its Safety Rules already incorporated into the NHRA rule book. In fact the NHRA already has an Electric class defined. Our latest breakthrough with the NHRA is that now electric Junior Dragsters are allowed per the rules to compete side by side with their gas counterparts, where last year they were not allowed, and had to have their own class. While the IHRA is not yet that far in the introduction and acceptance of electrics, they do let us run. I have talked to several IHRA Techs to help them know what to look for in the safety arena (since they do not yet have them incorporated into their rule book). We have also been running the EPJD along with their gas counterparts at IHRA tracks for some time now. Right now I am focusing on gaining IHRA acceptance of electrics into the rule books.

But none of this happens fast enough for RA. He would rather become upset that its not done within the year. Reminds me of a crying baby that can't have his binki.

We do not go to NHRA or IHRA and demand anything. The fact is that there has not been enough electric dragsters to even warrant either of those organizations to lift an eyebrow to incorporate new changes. Its hard to have any kind of profitable event or series with on average 3 - 4 cars. You can't take over a track with 3 - 4 cars. You can't take over a track with 25 cars. We've had way more than that at events and found its better (and cheaper) to go on a regular race day and mix it with the gassers. That way we don't have to rent the track for a day for thousands of $$$ and we get the added bonus of racing in front of gasser fans that absolutely would not be there if it were advertised as an electric only event.

So contrary to what RA would want you to believe, NEDRA has not failed. Although he is on record as stating that his goal was to bring down NEDRA and ensure they fail. And as you have seen he will make any threat and any accusation against anyone who calls him out. Go ahead, I dare you to call him out and see what he thinks of you.

While all this banter is undesired and slows us down, I feel it is necessary to stand our ground and not allow him to achieve his stated goals.

Mike
Old 09-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Administrator

david85 will become famous soon enough

Wow, I thought people had moved on from this. Wish I found the thread sooner.

All I had to do was build it.. http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums...ion-26587.html

Garage: http://www.diyelectriccar.com/garage/cars/206

Forum Rules and terms of service:

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/faq.php
Closed Thread

Share or Bookmark this