Super 400 Ah LiFePo4 Lithium prismatic battery's - Page 2 - DIY Electric Car Forums
Go Back  

DIY Electric Car Forums > EV Conversions and Builds > Technical Discussion

Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 07:22 AM

rt66gv is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Super 400 Ah LiFePo4 Lithium prismatic battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottdi View Post
Well thats going to be a problem. You WILL spend at least $8K on a decent set of batteries. There is not going around that. It sucks but it is reality. If you really want an EV that is good. It is a good choice to find a decent used EV but since many are looking for them already vs building one the prices of the used ones will move up a bit. Be very picky and know what your getting. Don't just jump in with both feet thinking your getting a good deal unless you fully understand what your getting and what will be required to get it going again. More than likely there is more wrong than just getting a new set of batteries. But with the right deal it would be an excellent way to get into an EV and cost less too. That means more money for your nice lithium pack that will get you down the road and back with no trouble.
I have researched and found lithium polymer batteries for $5,300 in 14KWH configuration. The vehicles I'm looking at still have good battery packs, I just wanted more range and longevity than lead-acid batteries provide. Fantastic technology with Lead Cobalt batteries that cost 20% of lithium, charge faster, safer and greatly increased range. I hope they start selling them VERY soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM

VOLKSWAGNER420 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Super 400 Ah LiFePo4 Lithium prismatic battery's

Yeah, the Lithium battery prices suck but they will pay for themselves in like 3 years and last twice that so they damn near pay for the next set for you.

Share or Bookmark this